sufferedsince 68
Les Miserable
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
argyl3

argyl3

Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:03 pm

Funniest tweet ever "Liverpool celebrate in front of Kop after drawing at home against Plymouth" :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:04 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Disagree with all those criticising us for being too negative, if we'd gone gung ho we'd have almost certainly lost. Fantastic defending from the team and Adams got the tactics spot on imo, congratulations to all.

our tactics where very negative though, it worked though but it was park the bus and not alot else bar the second half when tanner came on.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:09 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Disagree with all those criticising us for being too negative, if we'd gone gung ho we'd have almost certainly lost. Fantastic defending from the team and Adams got the tactics spot on imo, congratulations to all.
Agree with Les, Argo's defending was heroic, and no matter what team they had out this was Liverpool, at Anfield.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:11 pm

^^^^^^^^ this Smile

Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:13 pm

Hope this match doesn't put Adams or any of our players more in the shop window..
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:13 pm

Suck on that Jose, Derek just turned parking the bus into an art form.
Credit to Adams and the players today.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:15 pm

argyl3 wrote:
Hope this match doesn't put Adams or any of our players more in the shop window..
This is bound to put Adams on the map if he does not get proper backing from Jimmy and Si, he will be gone.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:18 pm

Jethro wrote:
another 600k for jimmy to piss off with
I think he's probably just come in his pants - again.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:30 pm

Jethro wrote:

It would be a nice gesture if Brent gave all the replay money to Adams.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:31 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:34 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! jocolor
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:44 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! jocolor

laugh laugh lol! :pighug: laugh
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:44 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

Exactly. And i'm not even sure that it was negative tactics in the first half, in the flesh you could see that some Argyle players were overawed and doing things that they wouldn't do in ordinary league matches in a million years and basically inviting pressure. Can't agree that Liverpool were awful though-their passing was precision for most of the time and i'm not just talking about playing it around at the back-some of the balls threaded through the gaps in the defensive line up were awesome when you saw the angles and weight of them from behind the goal. Bradley was fantastic in that first half and even though Liverpool had all of the ball, there actually weren't that many clear cut chances or difficult saves to make. Second half was much better from an attacking viewpoint and TBH,i was never that concerned-it was very similar to Doncaster down here.Shame about Millers injury,he was playing very well today, hope it's not too serious. Awesome stadium, there were a few empty seats in the big stand but pretty full other than that. The Argyle fans were superb today and must have played a part in keeping the players going in that sticky first half, must admit that even an old cynic like myself was a bit emotional at the end. When all's said and done ,not Argyle's problem what team Liverpool chose to put out, the strength in depth is supposedly one of the reasons why the premier league is so good and to suggest otherwise is to demean a gritty performance and result which very few thought possible beforehand.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 4:51 pm

Even with the big guns on for the last 15/20 mins they couldn't find a way through us.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 5:07 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:

But it won't happen though Sad !!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 5:10 pm

The spotlight will be on Home Park in nine or ten days time, looks like they will have to spruce up the ground for the visit of BT or BBC and the Liverpool side.

Klopp was hinting at another young side in the replay ?. In the meantime though, Argyle can go back to important League Two action.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 5:16 pm

DRF homeward bound, very happy but exhausted and with just enough voice to order a coffee at the services later on!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 6:14 pm

Well bugger me senseless and call me Doris. Internet was down here so I couldn't watch or get updates so went out and played golf with Mrs PP in the almost certain knowledge that we'd get beaten quite badly.

Came back, internet was on and saw it was 0-0. Great result whatever the age of the opposition.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 6:31 pm

Boom. Straight into my top 3 Argyle away days of all time.

And I couldn't give flying fcuk how it was achieved. Stood there with 8,500 others watching Scousers heading for the exits in droves from about 85 mins was a sight to behold.

Have that you Scouse Cnuts. cheers

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 6:43 pm

Brent talking crap before the game about the money from the cup run being used to upgrade the facilities and improve the playing staff!

Good to see Nelson on the box as well.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 7:01 pm

You can only play the team that is put in front of you.....Klopp was disrespecful towards PAFC by playing an understrength eleven....because of big games to come.....it's going to get harder for him having to play an extra match that he didn't really want now.....how can anyone not look at this draw as a great result for Argyle....but of course there will always be miserable sods who can't stand any success coming Argyle's way.....I expect there will be plastic Liverpool supporters in Devon pretending to be Argyle supporters trying to get tickets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 7:02 pm

Well that's a punch on the nose for the soothsayers
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 7:08 pm

I thought it was a great game on the box even if I was watching it from behind the sofa at times! affraid Very Happy

I had them down for a 3 0 loss so very well done Argyle!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 7:13 pm

zyph wrote:
You can only play the team that is put in front of you.....Klopp was disrespecful towards PAFC by playing an understrength eleven....because of big games to come.....it's going to get harder for him having to play an extra match that he didn't really want now.....how can anyone not look at this draw as a great result for Argyle....but of course there will always be miserable sods who can't stand any success coming Argyle's way.....I expect there will be plastic Liverpool supporters in Devon pretending to be Argyle supporters trying to get tickets.

will the care home allow you to go to the game?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 7:23 pm

Both teams got what they deserved. Well done Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liverpool match thread...   Liverpool match thread... - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Liverpool match thread...
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next