Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

AFT Response to PAFC Board Statement on Stadium Development.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
argyledad

PostSubject: AFT Response to PAFC Board Statement on Stadium Development.   Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:04 pm

The Argyle Fans’ Trust welcome the Board Statement on Stadium Development. We would like to thank the Board of PAFC, and Simon Hallett in particular, for their ongoing commitment to our club.
The new plans for the grandstand to be substantially refurbished, thus keeping the essence of the 1952 Archibald Leitch construction as well as the iconic 1930s’ façade are to be applauded. Yes it is a cheaper option, but one that will retain some of the unique features of Home Park, rather than replicate so many other soulless new builds around the country. Again we welcome James Brent’s assertion that:
“The re-development and expansion of the Grandstand and new Conference Centre will provide 21st century hospitality for our supporters and material additional revenues – match-day and non match-day – to invest into the club and team. We will increase the attendance capacity for today and preserve the ability to further increase in the future”.
The AFT note that an invitation is being issued for fans to submit their resumes to join a working group to consult with the club on the development of these plans. This we have already done in the spirit of furthering our dialogue with the club.
We urge supporters to join the Trust in order to let us have their views to put to the working party and to come along to our AGM at 6.30 p m on Saturday 14th January in the Life Centre for further discussion on the future of our club.

Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: AFT Response to PAFC Board Statement on Stadium Development.   Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:16 pm

Are you going to comment on the "Candidate Statement" thread Bob?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: AFT Response to PAFC Board Statement on Stadium Development.   Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:20 pm

argyledad wrote:
The Argyle Fans’ Trust welcome the Board Statement on Stadium Development. We would like to thank the Board of PAFC, and Simon Hallett in particular, for their ongoing commitment to our club.
The new plans for the grandstand to be substantially refurbished, thus keeping the essence of the 1952 Archibald Leitch construction as well as the iconic 1930s’ façade are to be applauded. Yes it is a cheaper option, but one that will retain some of the unique features of Home Park, rather than replicate so many other soulless new builds around the country. Again we welcome James Brent’s assertion that:
“The re-development and expansion of the Grandstand and new Conference Centre will provide 21st century hospitality for our supporters and material additional revenues – match-day and non match-day – to invest into the club and team. We will increase the attendance capacity for today and preserve the ability to further increase in the future”.
The AFT note that an invitation is being issued for fans to submit their resumes to join a working group to consult with the club on the development of these plans. This we have already done in the spirit of  furthering our dialogue with the club.
We urge supporters to join the Trust in order to let us have their views to put to the working party and to come along to our AGM at 6.30 p m on Saturday 14th January in the Life Centre for further discussion on the future of our club.

Im sure the few remaining AFT members dont all support the Grandstand Bodge/Cheap lashup being proposed. i along with many others want a new fit for purpose GRANDSTAND like proper clubs have, Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: AFT Response to PAFC Board Statement on Stadium Development.   Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:28 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Are you going to comment on the "Candidate Statement" thread Bob?

Nope? Thought not. Let's hope you are kicked out next week at the AGM before you kill the Trust stone dead.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

PostSubject: Re: AFT Response to PAFC Board Statement on Stadium Development.   Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:28 pm

I also hope Bob is kicked out for hs oh so obvious attitude, despite his plaintive denials.
However, I agree wholeheartedly with the statement

the Trust as a whole wrote:
the new plans for the grandstand to be substantially refurbished, thus keeping the essence of the 1952 Archibald Leitch construction as well as the iconic 1930s’ façade are to be applauded. Yes it is a cheaper option, but one that will retain some of the unique features of Home Park, rather than replicate so many other soulless new builds around the country.

I'm delighted about that part. However, the worries for me are two fold. We have no idea if Brent and Hallett are proposing controversial changes of use in the park that most city residents would find inappropriate, and we don't know what is happening to the corners.

Would I channel my worries about these matters through Bob's or Wozzer's AFT ? Would I heck as like. Would I channel my worries through Andy Symon's or Graham Clark's Trust ? Yes I would.  I wouldn't be surprised if the first inkling we get regarding these plans will come through TGWU and the Friends of Central Park, rather than the Trust, who will be suitably and conveniently gagged throughout what the owners are viewing as a consultation process.. It's easy to muzzle Bob's Trust. Just include them in the process along with Nool pigeons and assorted doffers.  As soon as the coffee and cakes come out, I'm sure a group bonhomie can be forged, in the "contingency" style. "Right then lads and lassies, this is what we're going to build, and this is how we would like you to sell it. More cake ? "
Back to top Go down
Angry

PostSubject: Re: AFT Response to PAFC Board Statement on Stadium Development.   Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:10 pm

argyledad wrote:
The AFT note that an invitation is being issued for fans to submit their resumes to join a working group to consult with the club on the development of these plans. This we have already done in the spirit of  furthering our dialogue with the club.

who are you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AFT Response to PAFC Board Statement on Stadium Development.   

Back to top Go down

AFT Response to PAFC Board Statement on Stadium Development.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: