Les Miserable
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 6:05 am

As I  said a good bit of gamelan by mc cormick, all part of the game dear boy!
popcorn
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 6:06 am

Or even gameplay
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 6:11 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Bradley seems to be the sort of fella you'd want in the trenches with you foreshore.
Tbh les he didnt have a bad game either
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 6:15 am

shite game which we managed to win. Dont be fooled we still not playing like a team top of the league aiming for promotion.

weather played a big part especially in the first goal where carey capitalised on doncasters mistake. jervis played well and scored a good pen.

good to get back on track with a win but still along way to go.

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 6:16 am

Might have been a different story though if donny took the chances they fluffed in the 1st half ..couple of sitters one of em a header
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 6:46 am

The Donny fans at the front got a bit excited at the end. Bless!
I think the DRF will have to take a trip for the away match. Northern Dears
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 10:51 am

BBC1 wrote:
Luke did indeed say 'unlucky dear chap' to the prone penalty taker. One of the other Donny players took exception to this but Miller shielded Luke. As more Donny players got involved Sonny Bradley decided he was having none of this handbag nonsense and promptly won the Who's got the most tattoos competition!
Amongst all the handbags it was only really Coppinger who progressed to physical contact. I have read somewhere that one of their forwards was giving McC a constant reminder of his ''past'' during the game - DNB's - all of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 3:35 pm

tigertony wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Luke did indeed say 'unlucky dear chap' to the prone penalty taker. One of the other Donny players took exception to this but Miller shielded Luke. As more Donny players got involved Sonny Bradley decided he was having none of this handbag nonsense and promptly won the Who's got the most tattoos competition!
Amongst all the handbags it was only really Coppinger who progressed to physical contact. I have read somewhere that one of their forwards was giving McC a constant reminder of his ''past'' during the game - DNB's - all of them.
And then of course there was the Donny forward who could count!
A few times when Luke picked up the ball he was indicating to the Linesman how long Luke had hold of the ball.
Isn't the 6 second rule now defunct? lol!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 7:24 pm

Angry wrote:
shite game which we managed to win. Dont be fooled we still not playing like a team top of the league aiming for promotion.

weather played a big part especially in the first goal where carey capitalised on doncasters mistake. jervis played well and scored a good pen.

Absolutely. Looked on the Donny forum and there are comments that we were shit and didn't look like a promotion side.

Without very significant strengthening in Jan (which we know we won't get) this team will struggle to make the play-offs. In fact I expect a bottom half finish.

BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 7:36 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Donny's first goal is coming - they're absolutely battering us

Along with your 0-7 defeat prediction, you were way off the mark Freathy.

Nice to see the side back to winning ways.

Three points is three points and back to the top of League Two.

Donny were far the better team and should have won.

January onward we'll drop like a stone to the play-off places and beyond. Can't you see this 'team' isn't good enough?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 7:45 pm

Freathy wrote:
Angry wrote:

Absolutely.  Looked on the Donny forum and there are comments that we were shit and didn't look like a promotion side.

Without very significant strengthening in Jan (which we know we won't get) this team will struggle to make the play-offs.  In fact I expect a bottom half finish.

BRENT OUT
Oh I think we'll strengthen in January.
And we'll definitely finish in the top half.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 8:01 pm

Has anyone got a link to the highlights only I went but can't remember any of it drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 8:15 pm

It may not have been pretty, but with our injury list I don't think we had any other option but to set up as we did against Doncaster, quite unusual that there were no substitutions by us which sort of assumes there was no significant alternative on the bench, so needs must and it worked big style.

I suppose we could have gone at Donny and been whipped which would probably have placated the pessimists amongst us. santa
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 8:28 pm

Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

January onward we'll drop like a stone to the play-off places and beyond.  Can't you see this 'team' isn't good enough?

Sorry Freathy,don't often feel obliged to comment negatively on your posts but Doncaster were not the better team.They had more possession certainly but in fact hardly created a clear cut chance throughout the game and that is significantly to Argyle's credit.According to the Indy today,Doncaster are the top scoring team in European professional football at all levels this season- their achievement is at a fairly low level but achievement it is nonetheless.In some games at HP in the distant and recent past i have virtually known that the opposition was going to score but i had none of that feeling yesterday and was totally comfortable from the moment Carey scored-in fact i knew Argyle were going to win,which must be some sort of tribute to the way the team played.

I totally agree that the squad needs strengthening in January-the acid test will be whether that happens and Carey is not sold,which is an essential to Argyle's chances IMHO.It will certainly test the board's mettle as to their real ambitions for the club and past experience tends to invite cynicism as to the likelihood that they will pass it.I do get the feeling though that sometimes the loathing of Brent and other off the field elements attached to the club transfers itself to the players and management.It's got feck all to do with them-you can hardly expect a pro player to turn down a move to Argyle or have a subsequent stigma attached because Brent has done nothing to improve the club infrastructure or because Mr Webb is president.Truth is that Adams and the playing staff have done well over the past two seasons under budgetary conditions which appear to be considerably below the top level in the division and maybe deserve the odd bit of constructive and realistic comment here and there.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 8:50 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

January onward we'll drop like a stone to the play-off places and beyond.  Can't you see this 'team' isn't good enough?

Sorry Freathy,don't often feel obliged to comment negatively on your posts but Doncaster were not the better team.They had more possession certainly but in fact hardly created a clear cut chance throughout the game and that is significantly to Argyle's credit.According to the Indy today,Doncaster are the top scoring team in European professional football at all levels this season- their achievement is at a fairly low level but achievement it is nonetheless.In some games at HP in the distant and recent past i have virtually known that the opposition was going to score but i had none of that feeling yesterday and was totally comfortable from the moment Carey scored-in fact i knew Argyle were going to win,which must be some sort of tribute to the way the team played.

I totally agree that the squad needs strengthening in January-the acid test will be whether that happens and Carey is not sold,which is an essential to Argyle's chances IMHO.It will certainly test the board's mettle as to their real ambitions for the club and past experience tends to invite cynicism as to the likelihood that they will pass it.I do get the feeling though that sometimes the loathing of Brent and other off the field elements attached to the club transfers itself to the players and management.It's got feck all to do with them-you can hardly expect a pro player to turn down a move to Argyle or have a subsequent stigma attached because Brent has done nothing to improve the club infrastructure or because Mr Webb is president.Truth is that Adams and the playing staff have done well over the past two seasons under budgetary conditions which appear to be considerably below the top level in the division and maybe deserve the odd bit of constructive and realistic comment here and there.

Generally agree with this, although I didn't share your confidence that we would always win. Small margins can have big implications - we miss our pen and they score theirs then 2-0 becomes 1-1 which for me would have more accurately reflected the days play.

Donny bossed the game for long periods and whilst obviously having a rare off day in the final third, it was easy to see why and how they are around the top of the league.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:08 pm

Greenskin....trying to get my head around you being negative towards Mr (Ultra Negative) Freathy's post.

Do two negatives make a positive outcome ?...stopping top scorers Doncaster from scoring sounds a very positive outcome to me.....that was a big big win yesterday for our League and Cup aspirations.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:10 pm

Freathy wrote:
Angry wrote:

Without very significant strengthening in Jan (which we know we won't get) this team will struggle to make the play-offs.

We have 4 signings sanctioned for January. I also know a lot more about the Granstand development as well but we'll leave that for January. If we dont sign/loans in by at least 4 in January I will donate £1000 to Charity of your choice. Your obligation to me a is a Pint nothing more nothing less.....
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 12:21 am

X throbber, made his annual trip to the Brentihad nows he's slagging off the locals who wont go to watch Jimmy's over achievers in mass numbers....bless laugh
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 1:00 am

What was the attendance for the 4th division feast of footie? Bet there weren't many higher in our league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 1:40 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
X throbber, made his annual trip to the Brentihad nows he's slagging off the locals who wont go to watch Jimmy's over achievers in mass numbers....bless laugh

Is that fuckeit still going on about that game at Watford he went to that time and Kenny Cooper?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 1:46 am

Greenskin wrote:
Good, I hope the distaste of Brent and his hangers on does infect the playing side of the club. It's supposed to. How else do you get rid of these undesirables.
As for Carey, I will be extremely surprised if he does leave in January. He'll get a far better deal at the end of the season when prospective buyers won't have to donate large sums to Brent's pension pot. The Board might not like the fact he can pootle off for free in May, but there's nothing they can do about it.
And in the defence of Xisle, at least the Laaaaandoner could never be accused of making Plymouth his second home.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 2:19 am

Les Miserable wrote:
What was the attendance for the 4th division feast of footie?  Bet there weren't many higher in our league.
8500, the best in the league.(380) from GNS.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 2:28 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
What was the attendance for the 4th division feast of footie?  Bet there weren't many higher in our league.
8500, the best in the league.(380) from GNS.

Decent crowd that considering our pre match form, the weather, time of year etc.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 2:29 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Is that fuckeit still going on about that game at Watford he went to that time and Kenny Cooper?
At the mo the Throb, is slagging off the local plebs who wont hand over twenty two pounds of their hard earned to the posh squire for the pleasure of watching our poundshop pro's play another motley collection of poundy's for the sixth season in a row....... its a mystery to me aswell! santa santa
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 3:13 am

Greenskin wrote:
Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Outbreak of common sense from Mr Greenskin - can't last long surely Laughing

My lad went again yesterday and he seems to have a sensible head on his shoulders (takes after me obviously), his view was very much like John's, Donny had a lot of the ball but never looked threatening and after Carey's goal, there was only ever one winner.

We're not world beaters by any means, but neither are we the worst side in the league, in fact we're one of the best sides in Lge 2, doesn't mean a lot I know, but sometimes I think Adams and the players don't get the credit they deserve.

On the goals show last night on C5, Alan Curbishley (who knows a thing or two about football), said that we could achieve anything given the size of the club and the catchment area - and he's right, we could. We won't with the current joker in charge, but there is always that kernel of hope that one day someone, with the wherewithal to make it happen will own the club and then watch us fly.

The janners won't like it, but it will happen one day. We live in hope.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   The 'Battered by Donny' match thread... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next