Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  EventsEvents  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 2043
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 57
Location : Timbuktu

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:21 pm

Geddon 2-0........
Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 3971
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:24 pm

Still think Donny will win
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2708
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:34 pm

Must do a freathy prediction more often if it results in a good win for argyle. Banana
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 2043
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 57
Location : Timbuktu

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:50 pm

Relax all is well....... lol!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2708
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:54 pm

Good bit of gameship there from Mc Cormick winding up the guy who missed the penalty, resulting in the brawl.
Don't think Darren will be in a good mood after this one.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 4950
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:59 pm

An excellent much needed win, well done.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green



Posts : 1313
Join date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:00 pm

Great win against one of those clubs financially better off than our top 3 support.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3674
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:08 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Great win against one of those clubs financially better off than our top 3 support.
Like you say little Argo slayed a giant in Doncaster.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 2043
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 57
Location : Timbuktu

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:20 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Great win against one of those clubs financially better off than our top 3 support.
Like you say little Argo slayed a giant in Doncaster.

Yeah it sticks in the throat playing these peasant sides in reality but that was a decent return to form from Adams' crew
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green



Posts : 1313
Join date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:40 pm

Absolutely. A real giant-killing today
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

avatar

Posts : 3314
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 53
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:42 pm

Freathy wrote:
Donny's first goal is coming - they're absolutely battering us



Along with your 0-7 defeat prediction, you were way off the mark Freathy.



Nice to see the side back to winning ways.

Three points is three points and back to the top of League Two.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3674
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:44 pm

A good three points to be fair to Adams, just shows how much we rely on Carey.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4575
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 57
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:50 pm

Good all round performance today against a slick Doncaster team.Big mistake on their part to give possession away on the half way line to Carey with a clear run on goal-superb finish from yer man.The opposition had plenty of possession but Argyle defended very well today,Bradley in particular was immense,and Doncaster didn't really create that many clear cut chances throughout.Another bad error on their part to check Donaldson inside the box when i thought he had already lost possession-bit of a flutter when Jervis crashed it against the bar but it bounced upwards rather than outwards into the top of the net and a bit of breathing space.Not quite all over though-Doncaster had a chance to really put the pressure on but the penalty hit the outside of the post and Argyle were home and dry.Not sure what the fracas was about after the penalty but who cares,excellent win and a more encouraging afternoon-feck sight warmer too.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

avatar

Posts : 3314
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 53
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:51 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
A good three points to be fair to Adams, just shows how much we rely on Carey.



Which is why he must not be allowed to seek pastures new in January. James Brent take note of that.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 68
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:52 pm

Freathy wrote:
I always expect a loss but there's usually a nagging doubt we'll somehow fluke a win.   But today there's no such doubt.  Donny are classes above Argo and will make very easy work hammering one of the worst, if not THE worst, teams in the division.  Those Argo fans unfortunate enough to be going today will see what an actual promotion team looks like.  And will also realise that brent's Argo are heading to where they really belong i.e. in the bottom 6.

Condolences if you're going.  It's going to be very very grim.


Yep saw all that today santa
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3674
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:55 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
A good three points to be fair to Adams, just shows how much we rely on Carey.



Which is why he must not be allowed to seek pastures new in January. James Brent take note of that.
Jimmy, will take the money no doubt about that, he's hoping for some lovely playoff bunce.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 68
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:56 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
A good three points to be fair to Adams, just shows how much we rely on Carey.

Wasn't all about Carey today, the team set up was spot on by Adams, mom for me was Bradley
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

avatar

Posts : 3314
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 53
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:56 pm

quote="Greenskin"]Good all round performance today against a slick Doncaster team.Big mistake on their part to give possession away on the half way line to Carey with a clear run on goal-superb finish from yer man.The opposition had plenty of possession but Argyle defended very well today,Bradley in particular was immense,and Doncaster didn't really create that many clear cut chances throughout.Another bad error on their part to check Donaldson inside the box when i thought he had already lost possession-bit of a flutter when Jervis crashed it against the bar but it bounced upwards rather than outwards into the top of the net and a bit of breathing space.Not quite all over though-Doncaster had a chance to really put the pressure on but the penalty hit the outside of the post and Argyle were home and dry.Not sure what the fracas was about after the penalty but who cares,excellent win and a more encouraging afternoon-feck sight warmer too.[/quote]


Apparently words were exchanged between Luke McCormick and some Doncaster players after they missed the one awarded to them. As to what was said is anyone's guess.
Back to top Go down
zyph

avatar

Posts : 8671
Join date : 2014-03-02
Age : 78

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:01 pm

Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
I always expect a loss but there's usually a nagging doubt we'll somehow fluke a win.   But today there's no such doubt.  Donny are classes above Argo and will make very easy work hammering one of the worst, if not THE worst, teams in the division.  Those Argo fans unfortunate enough to be going today will see what an actual promotion team looks like.  And will also realise that brent's Argo are heading to where they really belong i.e. in the bottom 6.

Condolences if you're going.  It's going to be very very grim.


Yep saw all that today santa



Never let Freathy do your lottery numbers.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4575
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 57
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:05 pm

zyph wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
I always expect a loss but there's usually a nagging doubt we'll somehow fluke a win.   But today there's no such doubt.  Donny are classes above Argo and will make very easy work hammering one of the worst, if not THE worst, teams in the division.  Those Argo fans unfortunate enough to be going today will see what an actual promotion team looks like.  And will also realise that brent's Argo are heading to where they really belong i.e. in the bottom 6.

Condolences if you're going.  It's going to be very very grim.


Yep saw all that today santa



Never let Freathy do your lottery numbers.

02 02 02 02 02 02
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green



Posts : 1313
Join date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:06 pm

Cheers Twin. 'Fekn sight warmer'?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2708
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:14 pm

Greenskin wrote:
zyph wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Freathy wrote:
I always expect a loss but there's usually a nagging doubt we'll somehow fluke a win.   But today there's no such doubt.  Donny are classes above Argo and will make very easy work hammering one of the worst, if not THE worst, teams in the division.  Those Argo fans unfortunate enough to be going today will see what an actual promotion team looks like.  And will also realise that brent's Argo are heading to where they really belong i.e. in the bottom 6.

Condolences if you're going.  It's going to be very very grim.


Yep saw all that today santa



Never let Freathy do your lottery numbers.



02 02 02 02 02 02

laugh
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 4950
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:58 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Good all round performance today against a slick Doncaster team.Big mistake on their part to give possession away on the half way line to Carey with a clear run on goal-superb finish from yer man.The opposition had plenty of possession but Argyle defended very well today,Bradley in particular was immense,and Doncaster didn't really create that many clear cut chances throughout.Another bad error on their part to check Donaldson inside the box when i thought he had already lost possession-bit of a flutter when Jervis crashed it against the bar but it bounced upwards rather than outwards into the top of the net and a bit of breathing space.Not quite all over though-Doncaster had a chance to really put the pressure on but the penalty hit the outside of the post and Argyle were home and dry.Not sure what the fracas was about after the penalty but who cares,excellent win and a more encouraging afternoon-feck sight warmer too.


Over celebrating the penalty miss according to the wireless.
Back to top Go down
BBC1

avatar

Posts : 1861
Join date : 2011-11-17
Age : 48
Location : 22 Acacia Avenue

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:59 pm

Luke did indeed say 'unlucky dear chap' to the prone penalty taker. One of the other Donny players took exception to this but Miller shielded Luke. As more Donny players got involved Sonny Bradley decided he was having none of this handbag nonsense and promptly won the Who's got the most tattoos competition!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 4950
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:01 pm

Bradley seems to be the sort of fella you'd want in the trenches with you foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...   

Back to top Go down
 
The 'Battered by Donny' match thread...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Wayne Rooney [Looks like Mr Potatohead -is a total tosspot)] Thread
» Ryan Giggs (is a twat) thread.
» Match fixing in Italian Football ....should be suspended for up to 3 Years says PM Monti
» The Berlin Forest Boy 'Ray' (Speculative Thread!)
» How to make a sticky thread?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: