Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Peggy

avatar

Posts : 1272
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:07 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
When Lee was thanking the sponsors he mentioned that Pasoti had donated £300k to the club. There were a few eyebrows raised but I didn't hear it mentioned again.

Could this be the sum of all the money raised through the auctions and that? I'd been wondering if there'd ever be any accounts.

Funny, though - I could have sworn donations were something you made to charity. Can you make a donation to a business too, then? And wouldn't that business have to pay tax on the income and put it all in their accounts?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 8919
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 68
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:39 pm

How come this is not all over the farms just giving thread
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
avatar

Posts : 8770
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 58
Location : @ sea or @home

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:42 pm

Too modest

_______________________________________
Inselaffe! FFS!®™    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Religion is the root of a Evil,
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 4655
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:48 pm

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3216
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:56 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
lol! lol! lol! Brilliant, in a charitytastic donations for all type fashion mate!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1609
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:20 pm

You can bet you life that if £300k was right Nool would be shouting it from every rooftop. As far as I know this is the first time a figure has been mentioned. Perhaps it was a convenient time to have it mentioned, true or not, in front of the Directors at a public forum.

I don't believe it.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

avatar

Posts : 1158
Join date : 2013-04-06

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:31 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
You can bet you life that if £300k was right Nool would be shouting it from every rooftop. As far as I know this is the first time a figure has been mentioned. Perhaps it was a convenient time to have it mentioned, true or not, in front of the Directors at a public forum.

I don't believe it.

Bit of a cloud over most of the £300K

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7418
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:33 pm

£300k from Pasoti's Good Causes fund? Laugh Out Loud.

Even if you put all the Pasoti posters together who have sponsored the club independently through their own businesses over the years, I very much doubt that it would come to that amount. Either way, if that wanker Jameson is trying to link the two together, then that is a pretty desperate attempt at a tenuous link.


Last edited by Czarcasm on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 865
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:40 pm

Pasalb will come to regret that sponsorship as sure as the AFT was somehow landed with 20K of sponsorship 'debt' by 2 or 3 unelected individuals..Pasalb is another fans organisation that has been seen as a competitor to influence right from the beginning. Beware of Greeks etc.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

avatar

Posts : 3131
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 52
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:24 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Thanks for the snide reply back to my unsnide comment. Steve Nicholson, the chap in question, is not on lo or atd, as far as I'm aware. He is on Facebook but may have missed the initial announcement, which from memory was last November? He's been to several away matches, and is a sociable person. He may no longer be a member due to the fact he lives in Bristol.
A simple call from one of the organisers to all the founder members would have made them all aware of the event


I knew Steve Nicholson, I used to go to home games and away games with him and the other decent folk of PASTA (Plymouth Argyle Supporters Trapped In Avon). He lived in Bath back then and worked for the NHS.

Steve Nicholson and another chap called Dave Pay, formed PASTA in the early 1990s. They were a motley crew. When I was among the ranks we used to play football matches against rival fans on match days, that was always fun.

Like the time we went to Colchester United and thought we had arranged a kick about with CUFC fans. The team we played was a Non-League outfit, we got thrashed !!.

I was as one of the better players on the team back in those days, we played a team of Gasheads and beat them soundly, I was man of the match, which was nice.

Good times were had during the PASTA days. I remember one time when a car load of us ventured up to Rotherham. We were in a pub and the driver, Dave Pay, had his car stolen. I managed to get a lift back with some Argyle fans, the other's got a lift back on the team coach, lucky people. The car was found burnt out sometime later
Back to top Go down
green_genie

avatar

Posts : 1158
Join date : 2013-04-06

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:00 pm

When I was with PASTiL (Northern branch) turned up at West Bromwich to play their supporters team alongside PASTA. WBA were all early 20s in full kit and luckily took pity and agreed to short kickabout before returning to their pub.

Shiltons boys didn't show such mercy. 5-2.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin


Posts : 3843
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:03 am

VillageGreen wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Thanks for the snide reply back to my unsnide comment. Steve Nicholson, the chap in question, is not on lo or atd, as far as I'm aware. He is on Facebook but may have missed the initial announcement, which from memory was last November? He's been to several away matches, and is a sociable person. He may no longer be a member due to the fact he lives in Bristol.
A simple call from one of the organisers to all the founder members would have made them all aware of the event


I knew Steve Nicholson, I used to go to home games and away games with him and the other decent folk of PASTA (Plymouth Argyle Supporters Trapped In Avon). He lived in Bath back then and worked for the NHS.

Steve Nicholson and another chap called Dave Pay, formed PASTA in the early 1990s. They were a motley crew. When I was among the ranks we used to play football matches against rival fans on match days, that was always fun.

Like the time we went to Colchester United and thought we had arranged a kick about with CUFC fans. The team we played was a Non-League outfit, we got thrashed !!.

I was as one of the better players on the team back in those days, we played a team of Gasheads and beat them soundly, I was man of the match, which was nice.

Good times were had during the PASTA days. I remember one time when a car load of us ventured up to Rotherham. We were in a pub and the driver, Dave Pay, had his car stolen. I managed to get a lift back with some Argyle fans, the other's got a lift back on the team coach, lucky people. The car was found burnt out sometime later

Wasn't it Pay and Nicholson behind the old rub of the greens fanzine?

_______________________________________
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @TheOfficial_ATD
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

avatar

Posts : 3131
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 52
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:17 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Thanks for the snide reply back to my unsnide comment. Steve Nicholson, the chap in question, is not on lo or atd, as far as I'm aware. He is on Facebook but may have missed the initial announcement, which from memory was last November? He's been to several away matches, and is a sociable person. He may no longer be a member due to the fact he lives in Bristol.
A simple call from one of the organisers to all the founder members would have made them all aware of the event


I knew Steve Nicholson, I used to go to home games and away games with him and the other decent folk of PASTA (Plymouth Argyle Supporters Trapped In Avon). He lived in Bath back then and worked for the NHS.

Steve Nicholson and another chap called Dave Pay, formed PASTA in the early 1990s. They were a motley crew. When I was among the ranks we used to play football matches against rival fans on match days, that was always fun.

Like the time we went to Colchester United and thought we had arranged a kick about with CUFC fans. The team we played was a Non-League outfit, we got thrashed !!.

I was as one of the better players on the team back in those days, we played a team of Gasheads and beat them soundly, I was man of the match, which was nice.

Good times were had during the PASTA days. I remember one time when a car load of us ventured up to Rotherham. We were in a pub and the driver, Dave Pay, had his car stolen. I managed to get a lift back with some Argyle fans, the other's got a lift back on the team coach, lucky people. The car was found burnt out sometime later

Wasn't it Pay and Nicholson behind the old rub of the greens fanzine?



They were indeed behind it and what a fine rag it was. I used to write for the fanzine also, it was always fun to write articles and get them published. They are there for present and future fans to read.

Not too sure if PASTA is still in operation or if Rub Of The Greens is still going. I have not seen any of the past PASTA folk for many years now.

Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin


Posts : 3843
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:24 am

Blake Hall took it on for a bit I had a couple of articles published, I don't know if its still going. I'm sure people rememeber the run of the greens website which Newell used to call the Cesspit of Bile!

_______________________________________
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @TheOfficial_ATD
Back to top Go down
Rickler

avatar

Posts : 4521
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:25 pm

Peggy wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
When Lee was thanking the sponsors he mentioned that Pasoti had donated £300k to the club. There were a few eyebrows raised but I didn't hear it mentioned again.

Could this be the sum of all the money raised through the auctions and that? I'd been wondering if there'd ever be any accounts.

Funny, though - I could have sworn donations were something you made to charity. Can you make a donation to a business too, then? And wouldn't that business have to pay tax on the income and put it all in their accounts?

You could try asking the Green Taverners...   Then again, don't bother.  They don't answer.
Back to top Go down
Elias

avatar

Posts : 4785
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:52 pm

green_genie wrote:
When I was with PASTiL (Northern branch) turned up at West Bromwich to play their supporters team alongside PASTA. WBA were all early 20s in full kit and luckily took pity and agreed to short kickabout before returning to their pub.

Shiltons boys didn't show such mercy. 5-2.

many happy saturday mornings spent playing opposing supporters, played regular between 1996 & 2003 when it kind of fizzled out.
my first game playing i think was bradford in 95, not a memorable occassion .... i tried to lift the ball over an opposing player, he was 6'7 , failed abysmally...............'youre not glenn hoddle' was the roasting i got !
Back to top Go down
Elias

avatar

Posts : 4785
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:54 pm

Tgwu wrote:
How come this is not all over the farms just giving thread

i think peggy's query is probably why !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!    

Back to top Go down
 
London Branch 40th Birthday Celebrations!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Similar topics
-
» LONDON TUBE DRIVERS GO ON 24 HOUR STRIKE
» Please help us get to her first birthday!!! Blessing needs milk soon!
» Please help us get to her first birthday!!! Blessing needs milk soon!
» Missing - Sean Sullivan London - FOUND SAFE & WELL
» BLUE FLAG 'PRIDE OF LONDON'

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: