Czarcasm
seadog
Rollo Tomasi
tigertony
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football Empty
PostSubject: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 9:44 pm

Sterling work from Daniel Taylor in the Guardian and to a greater extent Andy Woodward,Paul Stewart and Steve Walters who some, possibly Czar, may know.

It's probably still going on and there are probably hundreds upon hundreds of victims that haven't come forward.

Crewe for example were a bedrock of everything I thought was right about this game and that's been turned on it's head.

It's staggering how football is still stuck in the dark ages, I doubt if we'll ever see a footballer come out for instance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 9:48 am

why yet again does it take 30 years for people to remember and report things like this? Why not report it there and then or nearer the time at least and stop others suffering abuse like ala savile.

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 11:43 am

Angry wrote:
why yet again does it take 30 years for people to remember and report things like this? Why not report it there and then or nearer the time at least and stop others suffering abuse like ala savile.

..... and they've homed in on a convicted abuser so now whether it happened to these former players or not the public are already leaning towards guilty. Guilty = compo. Maybe I'm thinking too deeply about their reasons for waiting 30 years when a few years back would have seemed to be the ideal time to bring this up. Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 9:18 am

tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:

..... and they've homed in on a convicted abuser so now whether it happened to these former players or not the public are already leaning towards guilty. Guilty = compo. Maybe I'm thinking too deeply about their reasons for waiting 30 years when a few years back would have seemed to be the ideal time to bring this up. Question

You are both feckin joking aren't you?

How do you think they get way with it? Can you imagine the shame that the victims feel and you think it's about compo?

Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 9:50 am

tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:

You two couldn't be more obnoxious and just plain wrong if you tried.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 11:52 am

Aye, that's what kiddy fiddlers rely on, shame, disbelief and ridicule. well done for keeping the old traditions going.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 12:42 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:

In your view. It seems to me that every report made over the last 10 years has been taken as gospel and the perpetrator found guilty by accusation. Some were found 'not guilty' in court.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 4:15 pm

Walters was a St Judes/Prince Rock bhey I believe. Chose Crewe over Argyle by all accounts due to the youth set-up.

An horrifically unlucky career choice as it turned out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 5:46 pm

tigertony wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:

In your view. It seems to me that every report made over the last 10 years has been taken as gospel and the perpetrator found guilty by accusation. Some were found 'not guilty' in court.

Bullshit.

Bennell abused boys on an industrial scale, he was found guilty for it.

I can't believe your contribution has been to insinuate abused people are liars.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 7:07 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Walters was a St Judes/Prince Rock bhey I believe. Chose Crewe over Argyle by all accounts due to the youth set-up.

An horrifically unlucky career choice as it turned out.

Thought i knew his name from somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 7:12 pm

Angry wrote:

Article in last private eye about a north wales copper getting 375k libel payments in 1990s but was sent down recently for abuse which is what he d been libelled for ! New evidence.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 7:46 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:

Bullshit.

I can't believe your contribution has been to insinuate abused people are liars.

Andy woodward was fired from the police recently for 12 counts of gross misconduct. I wouldnt trust his story at all. But i dont agree all abused people are liars but again why wait till the guy is either dead or behind bars to speak out.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 8:19 pm

Someone makes accusations which, in a court of law, don't hold up and the alleged perpetrator is found 'not guilty'. Now, whether that makes the accuser a liar or not is debatable but even when 'not guilty' the accusations can be enough to wreck careers and lives.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 8:41 pm

Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:

Bullshit.

Andy woodward was fired from the police recently for 12 counts of gross misconduct. I wouldnt trust his story at all. But i dont agree all abused people are liars but again why wait till the guy is either dead or behind bars to speak out.

I don't know, why don't you ask a victim?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 10:43 pm

In an over-whelmingly homophobic industry any boy making any allegation of paedophillia would need to possess an inner-strength simply beyond most of them because, even though they were the victim, they wouldn't want to be labelled as a poof, would they?

Without wishing to specifically comment on the Crewe situation at all just think logically about how one might set about being a successful paedophile.

The first thing you'd require would be a plentiful supply of potential victims so that you could isolate the individual kids that you might be interested in and then you'd need to be able to keep them quiet afterwards. It would also help if there was an institutional power behind you so that you could hide behind it and/or use it as a threat.

So any type of institution such as the Scouts, BBC, FA, a church or a school would be a good place to start and then after that you would use every squalid tactic that you could think of to cover your tracks.

(All of which was pretty much exactly what Jimmy Savile did and how he got away with it for so long.)

The only surprise in what has emerged so far was that it hasn't become public knowledge earlier. I don't think that this is likely to be an isolated case at all because every swimming club, rugby club, cricket club, athletics club etc would be vulnerable and offer the same opportunity to the sort of scum who go looking for it and, as some of the responses on this thread show, some people just don't want to believe that anything like it is possible.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 4:21 pm

Seems like Bennell isn't very well, shame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 12:48 pm

It is pretty unbelievable for people to weigh in on this subject and only criticise the victims for taking many years to come forward or, even worse, to essentially say they're only doing this for money. It is even more incredible that they have done so with no condemnation of the appalling acts and not a word of empathy or sympathy for the victims. Pretty unsavoury stuff, lads.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 4:49 pm

I am sure most on here agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 5:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 7:01 pm

Shocked Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 8:21 pm

Have only just caught up with this thread. Staggered that mud is being thrown at the victims by some. Distasteful at best. I see Eric Bristow has covered himself in glory today in a similar vein.

Heart goes out to Woodward and co. Anyone who saw the Victoria Derbyshire interview and him sobbing like a small boy would have had a glimpse into his torment.

As for Steve Walters, I played against the Prince Rock side he was in. They were brilliant and he was the best of the lot. Should have gone far and always wondered why he didn't. Maybe we now know why.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 10:17 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Have only just caught up with this thread. Staggered that mud is being thrown at the victims by some. Distasteful at best. I see Eric Bristow has covered himself in glory today in a similar vein.

Heart goes out to Woodward and co. Anyone who saw the Victoria Derbyshire interview and him sobbing like a small boy would have had a glimpse into his torment.

As for Steve Walters, I played against the Prince Rock side he was in. They were brilliant and he was the best of the lot. Should have gone far and always wondered why he didn't. Maybe we now know why.

how is asking why take so long to report abuse so others didnt have suffer as they did in the same similar vein as calling them whimps and poofs?

no where near close is it
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 10:32 pm

Why take so long? Are you serious?

Maybe they were psychologically fecked up?

Maybe they were trying to put events behind themselves and crack on with life, stiff upper lip etc, but found that they could not?

Maybe they were afraid of the response from others around them?

Maybe they themselves felt ashamed that they in some way allowed, or at least did not stop, the abuse?

Maybe it's none of our business why they have acted as they have?

Maybe, just maybe, victims are just that: victims. But can't always see the fact for themselves when there is such readiness to completely disregard the plight of others amongst so many?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 10:35 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Why take so long? Are you serious?

Maybe they were psychologically fecked up?

Maybe they were trying to put events behind themselves and crack on with life, stiff upper lip etc, but found that they could not?

Maybe they were afraid of the response from others around them?

Maybe they themselves felt ashamed that they in some way allowed, or at least did not stop, the abuse?

Maybe it's none of our business why they have acted as they have?

Maybe, just maybe, victims are just that: victims. But can't always see the fact for themselves when there is such readiness to completely disregard the plight of others amongst so many?

strange as it is for you to understand my question wasn't aimed at you so move along and take your boring mundane shit and bore someone else with it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 10:42 pm

What a sad, empty, compassionless and lacking empathy world some of us choose to inhabit.

No wonder he's Angry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football   Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football Empty

Back to top Go down

Barry Bennell and paedophiles in football
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next