Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  EventsEvents  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Auction Special.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3674
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Auction Special.   Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:12 pm

Which one of you suckers wants to bid for this Number plate.    DUN.MY.DOSH. All proceeds to Jimmy the Green. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7592
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Auction Special.   Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:19 pm

Dumb arses over on the Farm shelling out hundreds for a STANDARD plate. I see Nikkk waded in with the bollocks that people will be delighted to pay hundreds over the odds for a STANDARD plate that can be bought far cheaper from official outlets because the money will be going to Argyle.

That's like saying most Argyle fans are delighted to go into the Argyle shop and offer £150 for a £40 top

Erm no. They aren't. Hence the bids all of a sudden drying up once someone pointed it out.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3674
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: Auction Special.   Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:03 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Dumb arses over on the Farm shelling out hundreds for a STANDARD plate. I see Nikkk waded in with the bollocks that people will be delighted to pay hundreds over the odds for a STANDARD plate that can be bought far cheaper from official outlets because the money will be going to Argyle.

That's like saying most Argyle fans are delighted to go into the Argyle shop and offer £150 for a £40 top

Erm no. They aren't. Hence the bids all of a sudden drying up once someone pointed it out.
The threads been cleansed, all opposition removed! pig pig cheers
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7592
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Auction Special.   Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:26 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Dumb arses over on the Farm shelling out hundreds for a STANDARD plate. I see Nikkk waded in with the bollocks that people will be delighted to pay hundreds over the odds for a STANDARD plate that can be bought far cheaper from official outlets because the money will be going to Argyle.

That's like saying most Argyle fans are delighted to go into the Argyle shop and offer £150 for a £40 top

Erm no. They aren't. Hence the bids all of a sudden drying up once someone pointed it out.
The threads been cleansed, all opposition removed! pig pig cheers

Well that's a new low for Pasoti Mods. Cleansing freely available information - an almost identical plate they are auctioning can be bought from an official outlet with 09 instead of 11 for £269. And all because they can try and screw people out of more money to give albeit indirectly to Brent, to keep the Lord and Master happy.

Bang out of order.

Back to top Go down
Homeslice

avatar

Posts : 1119
Join date : 2015-02-23
Age : 45
Location : Lurking in the shadows

PostSubject: Re: Auction Special.   Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:00 pm

And yet again the auction gives no idea of where the money's going.

In an unrelated question, does anyone know if Ian Newell's off on holiday any time soon?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

avatar

Posts : 2018
Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Auction Special.   Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:05 am

Their money so their choice.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 4950
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Auction Special.   Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:22 am

tigertony wrote:
Their money so their choice.  


Yeah like when the pikeys turn up at your elderly mothers bungalow and charge her 9 grand for a few buckets of tarmac.....her money her choice.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

avatar

Posts : 10531
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 67
Location : Larnaca, Cyprus

PostSubject: Re: Auction Special.   Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:20 am

Les Miserable wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Their money so their choice.  


Yeah like when the pikeys turn up at your elderly mothers bungalow and charge her 9 grand for a few buckets of tarmac.....her money her choice.

England's largest city club never to have played in the top flight. Squatted on by a posh boy banker, with a 'development' history of shame. Propped up by devious janners , who earn their seats next to the fine gentleman by conning the dimwitted wannabes out of their time and money.

What a parochial Avivafest !
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7592
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Auction Special.   Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:35 am

tigertony wrote:
Their money so their choice.  

It's obviously lost on you Tone, but the point was somebody wrote on the thread that similar plates can be bought from standard outlets cheaper than the prices the auction was reaching. The thread was then cleansed, therefore directly taking information AWAY from potential bidders. Now, if the bidders are that deluded that they'd choose to keep on bidding 'cos the money is going allegedly to Argyle, then fair enough. But Tone, the bidding immediately stopped. So it doesn't take a genius to work out that unlike Saint Nikkk, people aren't generally stupid enough to throw money around like it grows on trees.

So not really 'their money, their choice' in the truest sense.

Capiche?
Back to top Go down
BBC1

avatar

Posts : 1861
Join date : 2011-11-17
Age : 48
Location : 22 Acacia Avenue

PostSubject: Re: Auction Special.   Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:41 am

Czarcasm wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Their money so their choice.  

It's obviously lost on you Tone, but the point was somebody wrote on the thread that similar plates can be bought from standard outlets cheaper than the prices the auction was reaching. The thread was then cleansed, therefore directly taking information AWAY from potential bidders. Now, if the bidders are that deluded that they'd choose to keep on bidding 'cos the money is going allegedly to Argyle, then fair enough. But Tone, the bidding immediately stopped. So it doesn't take a genius to work out that unlike Saint Nikkk, people aren't generally stupid enough to throw money around like it grows on trees.

So not really 'their money, their choice' in the truest sense.

Capiche?
Can you remember who was the poster that said that? Any screen shots available?
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

avatar

Posts : 1119
Join date : 2015-02-23
Age : 45
Location : Lurking in the shadows

PostSubject: Re: Auction Special.   Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:18 am

BBC1 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Their money so their choice.  

It's obviously lost on you Tone, but the point was somebody wrote on the thread that similar plates can be bought from standard outlets cheaper than the prices the auction was reaching. The thread was then cleansed, therefore directly taking information AWAY from potential bidders. Now, if the bidders are that deluded that they'd choose to keep on bidding 'cos the money is going allegedly to Argyle, then fair enough. But Tone, the bidding immediately stopped. So it doesn't take a genius to work out that unlike Saint Nikkk, people aren't generally stupid enough to throw money around like it grows on trees.

So not really 'their money, their choice' in the truest sense.

Capiche?
Can you remember who was the poster that said that? Any screen shots available?

The thread was cleaned up and any posts that pointed out that other sources of number plate purchase were available were shunted off to to Terraces:

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=96841
Back to top Go down
tigertony

avatar

Posts : 2018
Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Auction Special.   Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:15 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Their money so their choice.  

It's obviously lost on you Tone, but the point was somebody wrote on the thread that similar plates can be bought from standard outlets cheaper than the prices the auction was reaching. The thread was then cleansed, therefore directly taking information AWAY from potential bidders. Now, if the bidders are that deluded that they'd choose to keep on bidding 'cos the money is going allegedly to Argyle, then fair enough. But Tone, the bidding immediately stopped. So it doesn't take a genius to work out that unlike Saint Nikkk, people aren't generally stupid enough to throw money around like it grows on trees.

So not really 'their money, their choice' in the truest sense.

Capiche?
I wasn't aware of the full background and I also wonder where the dosh is going. Another indicator of why fans are leaving pisspotty but what can you say about people who don't check prices first. If they wish to spend £loads on something that Trago sell for 5p then good luck to them. Perhaps next home game we should wait in the car park for ''it'' to drive in and all point and larf but then thinking about it the purchase probably comes with a directors box seat for a game, parking in the pig sty and a prawn sarnie. Laughing
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 1990
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Auction Special.   Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:50 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Their money so their choice.  

It's obviously lost on you Tone, but the point was somebody wrote on the thread that similar plates can be bought from standard outlets cheaper than the prices the auction was reaching. The thread was then cleansed, therefore directly taking information AWAY from potential bidders. Now, if the bidders are that deluded that they'd choose to keep on bidding 'cos the money is going allegedly to Argyle, then fair enough. But Tone, the bidding immediately stopped. So it doesn't take a genius to work out that unlike Saint Nikkk, people aren't generally stupid enough to throw money around like it grows on trees.

So not really 'their money, their choice' in the truest sense.

Capiche?
Can you remember who was the poster that said that? Any screen shots available?
You still banned then beeb
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1418
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: Auction Special.   Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:43 pm

Why are Janners so dimwitted?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

avatar

Posts : 14772
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 79
Location : Ivybridge

PostSubject: Re: Auction Special.   Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:48 pm

It's in the water.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

avatar

Posts : 10531
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 67
Location : Larnaca, Cyprus

PostSubject: Re: Auction Special.   Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:30 am

They looked him in the eyes. He looked into theirs and knew immediately that the dimwitted wannabes would be his useful idiots, for as long as it takes to turn a decent profit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Auction Special.   

Back to top Go down
 
Auction Special.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Auction sale pick ups, 06/10.
» medic helmet on dutch auction site
» JOAS Special Edition 2008
» JOAS Special Edition 2012
» WTB - First Special Service Force

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: