Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
Mock Cuncher
Earwegoagain
ConDeLaCreme
zyph
pepsipete
tigertony
Lord Melbury
PlymptonPilgrim
Elias
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Greenskin
mouldyoldgoat
seadog
Czarcasm
Rickler
Les Miserable
VillageGreen
Rollo Tomasi
Sir Francis Drake
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptySun Jul 29, 2018 10:17 pm

Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
You can have Brexit or an NHS but not both.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Statistics can kick you in the bollox

Total NHS nurses 357,099

British nurses 281,214 (78%)

Non EU nurses 26,630 (8%)

EU nurses 20,560 (6%)

Your statement doesn’t stack up

If 78% of our nurses are British, 8% non-EU and 6% EU (78+6+8=92) where do the other 8% come from? Mars?

281,214 + 26,630 + 20,560 = 328,404

And yet you say there 357,099 nurses. 28,695 appear to be Martians.

Either your statement does not stack up or I have walked straight into your cunning trap.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 8:15 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Total NHS nurses 357,099

EU nurses 20,560 (6%)

If 78% of our nurses are British, 8% non-EU and 6% EU (78+6+8=92) where do the other 8% come from? Mars?

Either your statement does not stack up or I have walked straight into your cunning trap.

I am no statistician but aren’t you talking about different things?

Graiser - nationality of all the nurses in the NHS
SFD - number of new nurses arriving from the EU since 2016
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 8:32 am

The number of nurses in the country has been shafted not only by the EU vote (90% fall in Euro nurses coming to the UK), but also by the removal of the bursary, meaning we've 30% fewer UK nurses qualifying and taking up courses. Say what you like abait the Tories, they give not a fook abait your health. Little weasels.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 9:51 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Total NHS nurses 357,099

EU nurses 20,560 (6%)

We could well be talking of different things because I have no idea what he is on about.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 10:01 am

Now you know he we feel reading most of your posts Frank.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 10:17 am

[quote="Sir Francis Drake"]
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Total NHS nurses 357,099

EU nurses 20,560 (6%)

We could well be talking of different things because I have no idea what he is on about.[/quote

Apologies as I thought it was obvious, you stated no EU no NHS, what I showed was only 6% of NHS nurses are from the EU, so you cannot draw that conclusion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 10:48 am

Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Total NHS nurses 357,099

EU nurses 20,560 (6%)

We could well be talking of different things because I have no idea what he is on about.[/quote

Apologies as I thought it was obvious, you stated no EU no NHS, what I showed was only 6% of NHS nurses are from the EU, so you cannot draw that conclusion

Where do the missing 8% come from?
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 11:09 am

Watching Stewart Lee stand up show which is largely about Brexit. "Not all people who voted Leave are racists. Some of them were just cnuts" If you didn't see it on Saturday it'll be on the I-player. Brilliant if you like his humour
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 11:46 am

Big Robby wrote:
Watching Stewart Lee stand up show which is largely about Brexit. "Not all people who voted Leave are racists. Some of them were just cnuts" If you didn't see it on Saturday it'll be on the I-player. Brilliant if you like his humour

I disagree. Plenty of my family, friends and colleagues voted to leave. I wouldn’t describe any of them as racists or cnuts. Possibly bellends, but not racists or cnuts.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 11:47 am

Yeh brilliant. Wouldn't be allowed if it were any other part of the population other than leavers. Kind of acceptable racism classing about 18m people as stupid racist cnuts.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 11:52 am

Funny how the right wing humour of the 70s/80s by the likes of Manning et al, has swung 360 in the other direction where practically every so called comedian/comedy show is ridiculously left wing, the last leg being a prime example. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 12:56 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Total NHS nurses 357,099

EU nurses 20,560 (6%)

No idea, I'll leave that to a mathematician, however if you bothered to actually work out the %ages which I did they are correct albeit rounded up to whole figures but nonetheless correct
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 1:16 pm

Graiser wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Total NHS nurses 357,099

EU nurses 20,560 (6%)

No idea, I'll leave that to a mathematician, however if you bothered to actually work out the %ages which I did they are correct albeit rounded up to whole figures but nonetheless correct

Is that you Diane?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 1:47 pm

Support for Brexit is getting weaker and weaker.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Another referendum is now the will of the people.

And the pendulum is swinging further against Brexit with every passing day.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 2:14 pm

Only in your mind Franny and if we had the referendum again leave would win again. But we won't because there isn't enough time for one before we crash out into no deal Armageddon street. No amount of false news will change this.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 2:15 pm

This is the trouble with having biased media it misinforms people. You need to filter your news feeds Franny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 3:41 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Total NHS nurses 357,099

EU nurses 20,560 (6%)

Is that you Diane?

You've lost me, but have you done the Maths ? or maybe SFD has but can't be arsed to write that once again he's incorrect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 4:06 pm

Graiser - I have done the maths and I am concerned that you have lost 28,000 nurses. That’s a lot of nurses.

Even if your stats are correct and there are 20,000 EU nurses, SFDs post shows that it looks like they are not going to be replaced as the rate of new arrivals has dropped alarmingly.

But well done on working out that 20,560 is roughly 6 percent of 357,099.

PS - Diane as in Abbott.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 5:43 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Graiser - I have done the maths and I am concerned that you have lost 28,000 nurses. That’s a lot of nurses.

Even if your stats are correct and there are 20,000 EU nurses, SFDs post shows that it looks like they are not going to be replaced as the rate of new arrivals has dropped alarmingly.

PS - Diane as in Abbott.

Diane Abbott FFS! all the %ages are correct, I’m anything but a mathematician, %ages aren’t rocket science to work out, however I think it’s incorrect to add the all %ages together as each figure should treated on its own merit in regard to a %age of 357, 099.

I’m not disputing that recruitment may have dropped from the EU, but SFD stated that we cannot have Brexit and the NHS due to the dropped EU figures and that clearly cannot be the case as we only ever employed 6% from the EU states.
Everybody has their right to debate their beliefs, but quoting statistics which are meant to scare and potentially get leavers to think again, when clearly we don’t employ many EU nurses in the NHS loses all credibility.

Don’t know how the mods let that abusive name (Diane Abbott) slip through ! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 5:44 pm

Here's the only maths I have done.

Quote :

It is correct in every regard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 5:58 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Here's the only maths I have done.

Quote :

It is correct in every regard.

Did I read a post somewhere that you were once a teacher? If so it maybe explains why our education system is pants.

I’ve explained above your applying the wrong maths, if you can’t see that or even take the time to find out then there’s no more to be said and lowers the credibility of your posts even further.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 6:13 pm

Graiser wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

PS - Diane as in Abbott.

Diane Abbott FFS! all the %ages are correct, I’m anything but a mathematician, %ages aren’t rocket science to work out, however I think it’s incorrect to add the all %ages together as each figure should treated on its own merit in regard to a %age of 357, 099.

I’m not disputing that recruitment may have dropped from the EU, but SFD stated that we cannot have Brexit and the NHS due to the dropped EU figures and that clearly cannot be the case as we only ever employed 6% from the EU states.
Everybody has their right to debate their beliefs, but quoting statistics which are meant to scare and potentially get leavers to think again, when clearly we don’t employ many EU nurses in the NHS loses all credibility.

Don’t know how the  mods let that abusive name (Diane Abbott) slip through ! Wink

So where do the other 28,000 nurses come from? You have taken issue with SFD saying that you can’t have Brexit and the NHS (his opinion), and accuse him of using statistics to scaremonger. But you are using statistics that don’t add up to support your opinion that we can have both. Until you can explain the missing 28,000 your statistics are the ones without any credibility.

And.......20,000 EU Nurses is a significant amount and we would be fecked without them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 7:01 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

PS - Diane as in Abbott.

Don’t know how the  mods let that abusive name (Diane Abbott) slip through ! Wink

So where do the other 28,000 nurses come from? You have taken issue with SFD saying that you can’t have Brexit and the NHS (his opinion), and accuse him of using statistics to scaremonger. But you are using statistics that don’t add up to support your opinion that we can have both. Until you can explain the missing 28,000 your statistics are the ones without any credibility.

And.......20,000 EU Nurses is a significant amount and we would be fecked without them.

For Gods sake, there are no 28,000 other nurses, each figure is a %age of 357, 099, you don't add up the %ages!!
My head hurts now I'm going for a lay down!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 7:33 pm

Graiser wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

PS - Diane as in Abbott.

For Gods sake, there are no 28,000 other nurses, each figure is a %age of 357, 099, you don't add up the %ages!!

It would really help if you read what I am saying/asking.

Forget the percentages. I am not talking about the percentages.

You said “Statistics can kick you in the bollocks”. You then stated that there are 357,099 nurses in the UK. You broke them down into Brits, non EU and EU. The total of these 3 groups comes to 328,404 - a difference of 28,695.

What group do these 28,695 nurses belong to?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 7:43 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

PS - Diane as in Abbott.

It would really help if you read what I am saying/asking.

Forget the percentages. I am not talking about the percentages.

You said “Statistics can kick you in the bollocks”. You then stated that there are 357,099 nurses in the UK. You broke them down into Brits, non EU and EU. The total of these 3 groups comes to 328,404 - a difference of 28,695.

What group do these 28,695 nurses belong to?

Apologies can't cut and paste, look at my avatar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next