Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
Mock Cuncher
Earwegoagain
ConDeLaCreme
zyph
pepsipete
tigertony
Lord Melbury
PlymptonPilgrim
Elias
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Greenskin
mouldyoldgoat
seadog
Czarcasm
Rickler
Les Miserable
VillageGreen
Rollo Tomasi
Sir Francis Drake
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 9:24 pm

I can assure you Sir Frank gives of his opinion out in the real world without fear, so less of the warrior thing, Lordy.
I've had the odd disagreements and agreements with Frank out in the wild.  
Like it or loathe it, it's his view, and he puts it over well, with far less abuse than he receives from the usual protagonists. I myself gave up on the polite approach quite some time ago after many years of biting my lip over there and here, although abuse is generally something I reserve for those that abuse me.. That's how these forums have become, quite poitless in some ways.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 9:39 pm

Thinking on a bit about Racists voting Remain... I expect lots did.

There was 2 boxes to choose from after all. It was inevitable some of the dimwits would get it wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 9:52 pm

Condescension, haughtiness and thinly veiled implication can be every bit as insulting/abusive as agricultural language.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 9:55 pm

Are you suggesting that Racists aren't stupid?

Because I am and I can't see why anybody would wish to argue otherwise.

Please enlighten me.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 9:57 pm

Let me start you off:

"Racism is clever because..."
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 9:58 pm

And like I say anyone who treats me with respect gets it back, insult me, slur me or just assume I fit a certain demographic to fit your argument then I will give you the respect you deserve like fook all.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 9:59 pm

Best I can manage is:

"You don't have to be stupid to be racist but it sure as hell helps."

Doesn't really fit the bill though.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 10:00 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Please enlighten me.

Only you could have this argument, jog on you've completely lost the plot, wanker.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 10:01 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
And like I say anyone who treats me with respect gets it back, insult me, slur me or just assume I fit a certain demographic to fit your argument then I will give you the respect you deserve like fook all.

I have never done any of those things.

If I have then quote me but you won't because you can't because I haven't.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 10:03 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Please enlighten me.

Only you could have this argument, jog on you've completely lost the plot, wanker.

You really should concentrate on what I have actually said and not what you think I, or would prefer me to have, said.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 10:16 pm

No wonder this forum is on it’s ass. Trolling with impunity.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 10:26 pm

Saying racists are stupid is trolling?

I think it's fair comment.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 10:58 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Please enlighten me.

You really should concentrate on what I have actually said and not what you think I, or would prefer me to have, said.

Perhaps you should concentrate on this post, because you seemed to have missed it...

Les Miserable wrote:
Condescension, haughtiness and thinly veiled implication can be every bit as insulting/abusive as agricultural language.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 11:25 pm

Has there ever been a more divisive time than now in this country? All as a result of a spat in the Tory party and Cameron not having the balls to tell his back benchers to do one.

It's even spread to this place. It just brings out extremes in people.

We really are turning into a nasty little country, run by nasty people who are just putting their own needs and the needs of their party above that of the rest of the population.

What happened to public service, to honesty and integrity, and downright decency? Replaced by the shareholder culture, and feck everyone else, that's what.

Even Corbyn couldn't be as bad as this current lot.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 11:42 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Has there ever been a more divisive time than now in this country? All as a result of a spat in the Tory party and Cameron not having the balls to tell his back benchers to do one.

We really are turning into a nasty little country, run by nasty people who are just putting their own needs and the needs of their party above that of the rest of the population.

What happened to public service, to honesty and integrity, and downright decency? Replaced by the shareholder culture, and feck everyone else, that's what.

Edited for accuracy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 8:30 am

Excellent post PP. Not just here though, it's happening in many places, brexit it just a local symptom here.. times of the planet, community is under threat from dark age stuff. It'll go where it goes. Our generation on these little temperate islands have been comparatively lucky up until now

The internet has shorely been a driver too,  amplifying division and polarity, especially in men. . If it had been around at the start of my Argyle interests, I wouldn't have gone near the club.

Last edited by beesrus on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 8:32 am

Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Please enlighten me.

Perhaps you should concentrate on this post, because you seemed to have missed it...

Les Miserable wrote:
veiled implicationescension, haughtiness and thinly veiled implication can be every bit as insulting/abusive as agricultural language.

The only reason I can think of is Franny is genuinely oblivious to the tone of his posts. He doesn’t realise. Condescension, haughtiness and thinly veiled implication couldn’t describe his posts more accurately
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 9:06 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Another vote would be conclusive, surely?

After all Nigel Farage said "52:48 isn't done business" (or whatever it actually was). He had no intention of accepting defeat.

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

And time and demographics are against you. The longer it takes to happen the more certain it is that Leave will lose.

It's the will of the people.

No it's the will of a minority of the voting public that can't accept democracy. And the longer it goes on the more likely it is that we will drop out and go to WTO rules.
All this shit that the EU is the only model for trade is just that. You mentioned the other day that we are walking away from a massive Japan EU trade deal, are we to believe that Japan has had to join the EU for this to happen? Have Japan had to pay into EU coffers for it to happen? Have they had to accept all EU citizens into their country with an open border? Have they fook. Brexit now and the harder the better. JRM for PM! I'd vote that cnut in just to spite you if I could.

The idea that WTO rules offer some kind of basic entry-level framework for international trade which is sitting, ready and waiting for the UK to ‘revert to’ is a complete myth. For starters the UK would need to extricate itself from the WTO as an EU state. Furthermore the WTO offers little protection beyond tarriffs and doesn't really work for a service based exporter like the UK. Its mind numbly complex which is why we have the customs union and for all its faults, it works.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 9:57 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Even Corbyn couldn't be as bad as this current lot.

Not really, they had no plan if leave won.

No clue what to do so power vacuum has ensued.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 11:14 am

He hasn't called him a racist, I don't see that at all.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 11:26 am

Hugh Watt wrote:

Not directly. No. But the insinuation is there, not just towards Ears tbf.

I’ve not met Franny in real life but if he mirrors his online persona, there’s a major lack of social skills and awareness of how what he’s saying will be perceived.

Obviously Eãrs calls a spade a spade and has got the reaction he was looking for.

Back to top Go down
TJOA

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 11:56 am

Children will be children.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 12:08 pm

Posts moved whilst the mods consider the complaint made.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 12:13 pm

I have not insinuated that anybody on these boards is racist.

It starts and ends there.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 12:17 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Not directly. No. But the insinuation is there, not just towards Ears tbf.

I’ve not met Franny in real life but if he mirrors his online persona, there’s a major lack of social skills and awareness of how what he’s saying will be perceived.

Obviously Eãrs calls a spade a spade and has got the reaction he was looking for.

Franks in no doubt about how his slurs will be percieved however he thinks he's justified in making below the belt comments because he is fighting for the side that it right hence any tactics are justified. The point I am making, admittedly in a very vulgar way that I would reserve only for people that slur and insult me, is a valid one. I could carry on and continually infer that Frank might be a Paedoe and as we all know if you throw enough shit some of it will end up sticking. But then the same could happen to Me, Les or anyone else that voted leave and could result in loss of work/jobs if anyone read his shit as well. It's a Twatty thing to do and doing it for the way people legally voted is beyond the pale.
If anybody is out of order here it's Frank he's deliberately trolled this discussion banging on about racism on a discussion about Brexit. He has ignored all attempts to engage in conversation in the subject at hand and continues to do so. I made several posts yesterday about the economy the campaign leave led whilst Frank mentioned racists, stupid racists and racism many times.
If Frank wants to stop his shit I will as well, if he wants to apologise he will get an apology from me and I'll even delete what I said but carry on and so will I. Can't be fairer than that shorely?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next