RegGreen
Tgwu
seadog
Czarcasm
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 1:57 pm

The Judge also declared Goodwillies evidence was "selfish and unreliable" which I see is being conveniently ignored
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 2:20 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
The Judge also declared Goodwillies evidence was "selfish and unreliable" which I see is being  conveniently ignored

Quite. And he specifically pointed out that they both seemed able to remember the things that helped their case but conveniently forgot the rest.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 2:31 pm

the rapist apologists on this thread are scum.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 3:10 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Indeed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 8:03 pm

PatDunne wrote:

There are no rapist apologists on this thread, you for your own convenience and satisfaction wish to view it that way which just disgusts me and that's from a father of 5 daughters and 6 granddaughters.
For myself I'm trying to give and seek opinions and reasonings why one court will hear a prosecution and the other won't, simple as that, if you can't understand that, then shame on you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 8:26 pm

Graiser wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

There are no rapist apologists on this thread, you for your own convenience and satisfaction wish to view it that way which just disgusts me and that's from a father of 5 daughters and 6 granddaughters.
For myself I'm trying to give and seek opinions and reasonings why one court will hear a prosecution and the other won't, simple as that, if you can't understand that, then shame on you.

i agree with you.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 8:47 pm

Graiser wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

British (in this case Scottish) law being applied by the relevant British authorities and/or citizens as is their right and/or duty as enshrined in law. The system involves civil and criminal channels with differing standards of proof being required under each separate procedure.

What is so hard to understand?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2022 7:12 pm

Seems David is still playing and signed for Raith Rovers yesterday and there has been a huge backlash as a result from the usual suspects (social media) and the teams fans and sponsors!!!!

I think it probably wasnt a wise decision from the Raith manager and board too sign someone like David one being hes shit as we saw and more importantly and especially in light of the scumbag Mason Greeenwood's antics that broke on sunday that hes currently in a police cell being questioned over.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 8:03 am

They are certainly taking a hammering for the decision.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 9:05 am

Should've signed for the exeter 'chiefs'
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 10:31 am

This article summarises well the issues for women in football and society, it's right there is a negative reaction to this signing. Particularly where women are facing a rising tide of misogyny in society and reported rapes are at a record level.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 1:42 pm

i still dont get the way scottish law works when their legal system clears him yet their civil court doesnt  and both had the same evidence presented.

I can see Raith deciding to send him back to Clyde and annul the transfer due to this outcry.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2022 1:50 pm

akagreengull wrote:
This article summarises well the issues for women in football and society, it's right there is a negative reaction to this signing. Particularly where women are facing a rising tide of misogyny in society and reported rapes are at a record level.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Probably illegal to say so but a lot of the mysogyny is race related, black gangsta lingo on the telly with Fiddy P and the like constantly refer to woman as Hoes and Bitches and I have heard black guys over here using the same language. Many Muslims have a completely different view on a woman's standing in society than we do. Obviously with today's society we will all get tarred with the same brush and there will be no debate whatsoever because you are only allowed to criticize heterosexual white males in today's society.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2022 11:19 am

Raith Rovers have announced that Goodwillie wont play for them and they are looking into terminating his contract as a result of the backlash his signing brought the club.

Cant see them demanding their money back from Clyde if they paid a fee or Clyde giving it back to them in return for Goodwillie so they will more than likely have to pay him off.
Back to top Go down
shonbojr

shonbojr

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 10:45 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

Probably illegal to say so but a lot of the mysogyny is race related, black gangsta lingo on the telly with Fiddy P and the like constantly refer to woman as Hoes and Bitches and I have heard black guys over here using the same language. Many Muslims have a completely different view on a woman's standing in society than we do. Obviously with today's society we will all get tarred with the same brush and there will be no debate whatsoever because you are only allowed to criticize heterosexual white males in today's society.

You’re a moron
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 11:09 am

shonbojr wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

You’re a moron

Morning Harve. sunny
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2022 11:16 am

Czarcasm wrote:
shonbojr wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

You’re a moron

Morning Harve. sunny

The grammar is too good. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 10:02 am

shonbojr wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

You’re a moron

Fantastic debate. I'm wondering it it's Dickler and Harve who have combined forces?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 4:25 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
shonbojr wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

You’re a moron

Fantastic debate. I'm wondering it it's Dickler and Harve who have combined forces?

Tbf it's not just the gangstas and Muslims that are down on the women there used to be a German wanker that posted on here that was always calling Carrie Johnson a brass (prostitute) just because of who she was married to.
Back to top Go down
shonbojr

shonbojr

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 9:29 am

shonbojr wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

You’re a moron

Ok this was harsh and not in the spirit of the discussion so I apologise.

I do think that the stereotypes here are really lazy and a bit snowflake-y (look at me I am the only person that gets criticised in society), when in reality we all just need to spend 5 minutes in a pub with your white mates to hear misogyny. Saying it is more prevalent amongst Black and Muslim people is a bit silly.

If you're talking laws made in predominantly Muslim countries, yes some have bad laws, as do many predominantly Christian countries, with FGM. If you're saying that rappers use bad language, they do, as does every Tom, Dick and Harry that calls someone a "slut". Falling back on racist stereotypes to make yourself feel better is not something that should be encouraged.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 9:54 am

shonbojr wrote:
shonbojr wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

You’re a moron

Ok this was harsh and not in the spirit of the discussion so I apologise.

I do think that the stereotypes here are really lazy and a bit snowflake-y (look at me I am the only person that gets criticised in society), when in reality we all just need to spend 5 minutes in a pub with your white mates to hear misogyny. Saying it is more prevalent amongst Black and Muslim people is a bit silly.

If you're talking laws made in predominantly Muslim countries, yes some have bad laws, as do many predominantly Christian countries, with FGM. If you're saying that rappers use bad language, they do, as does every Tom, Dick and Harry that calls someone a "slut". Falling back on racist stereotypes to make yourself feel better is not something that should be encouraged.

The stereotype I was using for black people was the gangsta rap hoes and bitches one. I made that quite clear and it is culture that we have imported from the USA and it really isn't good. I have had white Labourers who calls girls bitches as though normal and that's all because they loved their R&B and they are following their role models.
As for the Musilms it is a fact that they are in general way more mysogynistic than your worst white football crowd in an English pub, I'm not saying it doesn't happen but for you to make that point kind of proves mine. As for knowing a bit about Muslim attitudes I have lived in a Muslim country (Morocco) for 3 months and I am generally a champion of their values, they will help anyone out, feed anyone and are generally way more charitable than us but when it comes to women they see them as an interior race almost. I also am very aware that Morocco is a quite liberal country as far as Muslim women's rights are concerned the Hijab is not cumpolsury and the girls go to school alongside the boys however once work/school is over the men sit down whilst the women and girls wait on them hand and foot despite the fact they have been working as hard as the men. There is also the period unclean thing when the women have to self isolate from the men and all these attitudes have been imported to the UK and you never hear them being challenged.
Also many many sexual assaults in this country are carried out by young Muslim males because they are ignorant of our culture, your sister or g/f might think they look great in a short skirt and high heels with half their tits on show to a young Musilm she looks like a whore or at least someone looking for sex it's what they believe and I'm not sure they are "educated" about these issues in the same way that we are.
Back to top Go down
shonbojr

shonbojr

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 7:03 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

I have had white Labourers who calls girls bitches as though normal and that's all because they loved their R&B and they are following their role models.

Again, really lazy to blame white misogyny on black people. Many of my friends that dislike rap music are perfectly capable of misogyny on their own!

And the "Muslim attitude towards women" is again, very lazy. You must know Muslims yourself that don't practice what you have said, so it feels very sloppy to tarnish a huge religion with one stroke of a misogynistic brush. By all means, call out religious fundamentalists, or specific countries if you want to, but when you generalise a huge population by picking out qualities of a minority then that's when people rightly throw around words like "racist".

Dad would have very much enjoyed this conversation, one of his favourite things to do was wind me up about race and religion before/after calling me a moron!

Last edited by shonbojr on Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 7:14 pm

Did he set the dog on you or get her to rip up a favoured pillow of yours as well? Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 7:26 pm

Angry wrote:
i still dont get the way scottish law works when their legal system clears him yet their civil court doesnt  and both had the same evidence presented.

I can see Raith deciding to send him back to Clyde and annul the transfer due to this outcry.

For a criminal conviction, the jury has to be satisfied "beyond reasonable doubt" of a person's guilt.

In a civil case they have to be satisfied that "on the balance of probability" the person is guilty

Same rules apply North & South of the border.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 7:43 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:

For a criminal conviction, the jury has to be satisfied "beyond reasonable doubt" of a person's guilt.

In a civil case they have to be satisfied that "on the balance of probability" the person is guilty

Same rules apply North & South of the border.

It is odd that a person carries the stigma of being a rapist all their life, without ever been criminally convicted of it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goodwillie Court case.   Goodwillie Court case. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Goodwillie Court case.
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next