Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

OK, so who's being economical with the truth?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:33 am

http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/open-letter-to-argyle-fans-trust-3365180.aspx

Martyn Starnes refutes much of what Bob Foale has said about the relationship between the AFT and the club.

Who do we believe?

Does anyone care much any more, given the AFT's seeming implosion?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:28 am

I don't know who to believe and frankly it doesn't matter. What is interesting though is that the club felt the need to publish such a response. To many people the AFT has lost all credibility anyway and is a busted flush so the club could have ignored the whole thing and it would have gone away. The AFT certainly wouldn't have pushed it.

What the club have done, it seems to me, is realised that AFT doesn't matter, largely because of the club's treatment of it, (and also because of the AFT's inability to do anything worthwhile), and come out with this statement that paints the club (and Starnes) in a positive light - it wasn't the club's fault, we've done everything we can etc etc.

What I find difficult to accept is that Starnes didn't know why the AFT were asked to return the keys. Surely the AFT told him who had asked for their return and he could have investigated?

Anyway, public washing of dirty washing does either side no good. Neither have come out of this with any credit.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:56 am

I just saw this statement. Not trying to hide away but I've let Bob know it's here. I'm not passing the buck but Bob would be best placed to issue any response as it was he who had dealings/meetings with MS so it would be inappropriate for me to say anything as I would more than likely be incorrect. For me personally (and I have made my feelings known), whomever is to 'blame' if you can call it that, isn't the issue. I don't like where we stand with each other at the moment. Something we as the AFT Board will seek to address over the coming weeks. I'm trying to avoid 'making a statement' as such, I'll leave that to Bob, but I wanted to post something.
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:09 am

The sooner Bob goes the better. He has to take responsibility for the shambles that the AFT had become, and he needs to go now so that someone competent can come in and save the Trust before the damage is irreversible.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:30 am

One could view that as Orwellian double speak. A simple rewriting of history, a la le Farm?
Bob has nothing left to lose now, might as well tell all.

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:36 am

Steely, any idea of when and where the Trusts AGM will be ?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:43 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
The sooner Bob goes the better. He has to take responsibility for the shambles that the AFT had become, and he needs to go now so that someone competent can come in and save the Trust before the damage is irreversible.

I think Brent is using the difference between fans and the trust to put the knife in and break the only force (beside us) to make them accountable for Brent devious plans and we are falling into his trap.
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:31 am

alannotivvy wrote:
Steely, any idea of when and where the Trusts AGM will be ?
I'd be interested to know as well please Tony.
Alan has promised to buy me a lime and soda!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:55 am

Argyle need a strong AFT to protect the long term future of the club, Brent and his cronies now own the freehold of Homepark which should concern anyone with the best wishes of the club at heart, the AFT needs a strong leader to stand up to Brent and his fan club, sadly Bob is not that leader and should go.
Back to top Go down
argyledad

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:38 pm

It is perhaps a shame that my most recent posting from 7th October was not 'brought to Martyn's attention'.

Quote: "Again, on a personal note, I look forward to the resumption of discussions between the club and the elected members of the Argyle Fans’ Trust and was pleased that James Brent left the door open at the recent open fans' forum. There are important issues ranging from the safety of our stadium through to next year’s kit choice that our members could be helping with. We are there, not to tell James Brent what to do, but to act as critical friends should the club so wish".

It is time to move on ! The AFT Board will meet again in ten days time and respond more fully then.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:56 pm

Cheers Bob!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:42 pm

argyledad wrote:
It is perhaps a shame that my most recent posting from 7th October was not 'brought to Martyn's attention'.

Quote: "Again, on a personal note, I look forward to the resumption of discussions between the club and the elected members of the Argyle Fans’ Trust and was pleased that James Brent left the door open at the recent open fans' forum. There are important issues ranging from the safety of our stadium through to next year’s kit choice that our members could be helping with. We are there, not to tell James Brent what to do, but to act as critical friends should the club so wish".

It is time to move on ! The AFT Board will meet again in ten days time and respond more fully then.

It would seem that being a critical friend would prevent you from calling out Starnes?

It's over for you Bob.

Resign.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:13 pm

So when is the AGM ?
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:00 pm

Have certain things that need to be done first. When we know a date, we'll tell you. It's being worked on.
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:12 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
Have certain things that need to be done first. When we know a date, we'll tell you. It's being worked on.
The AGM should be 'one of those dates' Tony, that the whole board should be aware of 'trigger dates' of things that need to happen. Like when notices and nomination forms should be going out.
I can't remember it being like this over past seasons.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:03 pm

True Paul, and like I say, there are things we need to do to make it happen, but when I'm not getting responses from people I need to make it happen, it delays things unfortunately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:15 pm

Thanks for replying Steely. Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:44 am

"It is time to move on!"

Where have we heard that before?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:58 pm

argyledad wrote:

You could always take personal responsibility for ensuring that Martyn Starnes is made aware of your thoughts by either emailing him the link to the post in question, or giving him a ring.
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:45 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
True Paul, and like I say, there are things we need to do to make it happen, but when I'm not getting responses from people I need to make it happen, it delays things unfortunately.
Thanks Tony.
Celia did reply to me on FB with thoughts that it might be January! A busy old month for me, but i'll do my best to be there.
Hope you enjoyed your meal. Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:08 pm

SteelCannon wrote:

Turning up would be a start.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:08 pm

Plead with Andy Symons to take charge, not liked by the Brent Toadies, so just the sort of chap to keep his eye on The Jimster.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:00 pm

Did the club ever clarify what they thought PCC were lying about in statement on HHP and the £8M contribution? Between PASB, AFT, PCC and Torbay Council there seems to be one common denominator with "misunderstandings"
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:08 pm

Have their been any Trust developments on anything this week or have they all gone to ground?
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:10 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Have their been any Trust developments on anything this week or have they all gone to ground?
As I read from bob's statement, the AFT board would be meeting in 10 days time (from 16th oct when bob posted?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK, so who's being economical with the truth?    

Back to top Go down

OK, so who's being economical with the truth?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: