Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adams Manager of the Month for September.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Adams Manager of the Month for September. Empty
PostSubject: Adams Manager of the Month for September.   Adams Manager of the Month for September. EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 7:59 am

Adams guided his side through an almost perfect month, collecting 13 points from five unbeaten games and only conceding two goals.

He has added a pragmatic dimension to his team’s play with top spot in Sky Bet League Two as the reward.

Adams said: "The players have shown terrific form to have accumulated the points total so far, which is the club’s best start for 90 years.

"This has been achieved by hard work, creative edge and good character. We have to keep going; it's a tough league - you can see that by the results every week.

"We had an excellent season last season and we have made an even better start this time around.

"We had to make many changes to the team over the summer – we've taken in 16 new players – and I'm delighted with the blend to the squad."

George Burley, who chairs the Sky Bet Manager of the Month judging panel, said: "Plymouth Argyle were unbeaten in the month, collecting 13 points from five games, and conceded only two goals.

"Derek has made them a very hard team to beat and the two away wins at Exeter City and Leyton Orient were great results."

Sky Sports’ Football League pundit Don Goodman said: “Plymouth’s rise to the summit of the Sky Bet League Two table has come off the back of four wins and a draw in September.

"Derek is a man I know well from our playing days together at Motherwell and so it’s not a massive surprise to me that he has impressed in his first job in English football. There is no doubt in my mind that they will be challenging for promotion again in May."

Sky Bet Football Trading Manager Paul Lowery said: “Dropping just two points in the month of September, Adams and his Plymouth side have quietly established a five-point gap at the top of League Two.

“Built on a sound back line they kept three clean sheets during the month and didn’t concede more than once in any game.”

The Sky Bet Manager of the Month judging panel comprises former Ipswich Town manager George Burley, Sky Sports’ EFL expert Don Goodman; EFL Marketing Director Drew Barrand, League Managers’ Association Director Olaf Dixon and Sky Bet Football Trading Manager Paul Lowery.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1