Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 AFT Chairman’s Update # 15 OR ‘Play It Again, Bob’.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
argyledad



Posts : 269
Join date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: AFT Chairman’s Update # 15 OR ‘Play It Again, Bob’.   Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:38 pm

“Play it again, Sam” is of course a misquotation of Rick Blaine's (played by Humphrey Bogart) exclamation to Sam the pianist from the 1942 film Casablanca and is one of many such sayings that were never actually uttered.

This prompts me to clarify one or two ‘facts’ that are doing the rounds:

 On 28th April James Brent instructed Martyn Starnes, with Jon Back as witness, to inform me that the club would no longer allow meetings between the AFT Chair and the Argyle CEO. This was not only because of our successful application for ACV status for Home Park, but also because we were seeking to 'hold the club to account'.  

The CEO requested that this be kept under wraps while he and the AFT Chair sought to rescue something from this potential PR car crash, by holding a meeting with new director, Simon Hallett. Meanwhile, other influences within the club further accelerated the crisis by requesting the return of all keys to the lock up used by the AFT, demanding that we obtain official passes before entering the ground and suggesting that we cease producing copy for the match day programme. 

At this point the AFT Chair fully briefed his Board, which subsequently issued an agreed statement saying:
“It is therefore with sadness that the Board of the AFT is now withdrawing from any further dialogue with the Board of PAFC while it fails to recognise the need for an open and honest discourse with the democratically elected fans’ representatives”.

The AFT Board were pleased to hear James Brent say at the recent open forum that he wished to re-engage with the various fans’ groups. As the largest and democratically elected of these, we hope that the suspension of dialogue referred to above can be lifted, so that ‘an open and honest discourse’ with all fans’ representatives can now take place. While we were delighted that the Club board recently issued its longest, most detailed and most transparent response in five years, the AFT would far rather this had been as a result of positive engagement with fans groups such as ourselves.

The AFT is NOT anti-James Brent. The successful application for Asset of Community Value status was never intended and could not, by law, prevent his purchase of Home Park. It does though, in our view, offer excellent protection from the Club falling into the wrong hands at such time as it is sold on.

Contrary to one statement made, the AFT Chair has never sought regular meetings with James Brent. All meetings at board level over the last two years have been with the CEO, Martyn Starnes. And, contrary to another statement, most of the questions raised at the open fans’ forum had already been posed by the AFT, including that about the historical debt owed by the Club to the Green Taverners. 

And NO, PAFC have NOT threatened to ban me from Home Park if I continue to ask questions on behalf of our members!
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1802
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chairman’s Update # 15 OR ‘Play It Again, Bob’.   Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:26 pm

Brent seems to be very much anti AFT............
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4736
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chairman’s Update # 15 OR ‘Play It Again, Bob’.   Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:45 pm

So Brent got to you lie to your members then.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

avatar

Posts : 5003
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chairman’s Update # 15 OR ‘Play It Again, Bob’.   Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:44 pm

Well....

Brent acts like none of that ever happened and directly expresses his view here at 7:00 at the recent fans meeting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFYWnlJhdjM

and stay tuned until 7:45 where Brent discusses this issue


argyledad wrote:

And, contrary to another statement, most of the questions raised at the open fans’ forum had already been posed by the AFT, including that about the historical debt owed by the Club to the Green Taverners. 

I cannot believe you (Bob) or the AFT claim to have asked the question!  Well...  What was his answer?  Because you never ever put the information in the public domain as far as I can see?  

With ATD as my witness, I have harped on at you and the AFT for ages to ask this question, with the only success being one time, you said you would make inquires with the GT's.  You never replied to my inquires on how that went.

And if you knew the answer, then the AFT secretary didn't, as it was one of the two questions I discussed with him asking at the meeting if they weren't brought up by the club - which they were.

So there we have a part answer to the question I asked - completely wrongly framed by Brent, I might hasten to add, and with a dollop of mistrust about my integrity thrown in for good measure.

The question had the purest of motives.  How much did the club, or rather the fans (because that is who will be paying the sum back) now owe to the GT's?

The answer is 87.5K

Yep..  Eighty seven and a half thousand pounds.

So the club isn't quite debt free....

No wonder he didn't want the question brought up.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5451
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chairman’s Update # 15 OR ‘Play It Again, Bob’.   Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:58 pm

Rickler wrote:
Well....

Brent acts like none of that ever happened and directly expresses his view here at 7:00 at the recent fans meeting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFYWnlJhdjM

and stay tuned until 7:45 where Brent discusses this issue


argyledad wrote:

And, contrary to another statement, most of the questions raised at the open fans’ forum had already been posed by the AFT, including that about the historical debt owed by the Club to the Green Taverners. 

I cannot believe you (Bob) or the AFT claim to have asked the question!  Well...  What was his answer?  Because you never ever put the information in the public domain as far as I can see?  

With ATD as my witness, I have harped on at you and the AFT for ages to ask this question, with the only success being one time, you said you would make inquires with the GT's.  You never replied to my inquires on how that went.

And if you knew the answer, then the AFT secretary didn't, as it was one of the two questions I discussed with him asking at the meeting if they weren't brought up by the club - which they were.

So there we have a part answer to the question I asked - completely wrongly framed by Brent, I might hasten to add, and with a dollop of mistrust about my integrity thrown in for good measure.

The question had the purest of motives.  How much did the club, or rather the fans (because that is who will be paying the sum back) now owe to the GT's?

The answer is 87.5K

Yep..  Eighty seven and a half thousand pounds.


So the club isn't quite debt free....

No wonder he didn't want the question brought up.


Shocked
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4736
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chairman’s Update # 15 OR ‘Play It Again, Bob’.   Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:06 pm

Presume that debt doesn't carry interest at "commercial rates"
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

avatar

Posts : 855
Join date : 2016-02-19

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chairman’s Update # 15 OR ‘Play It Again, Bob’.   Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:28 am

So Brent doesn't want the trust to hold the club to account?

That should be a massive neon flashing light for anyone with even half a brain cell.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3349
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 58
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chairman’s Update # 15 OR ‘Play It Again, Bob’.   Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:41 am

Yea Man wrote:
So Brent doesn't want the trust to hold the club to account?

That should be a massive neon flashing light for anyone with even half a brain cell.

Sadly all the guys with the slightest intelligence are here at ATD and the rest are Brents Brainwashed Sheeple...
He has put same spiel up on Freechat and I've removed one of my posts that Tring already saw just pissed off with the gullibility

How about Bob Foale you answer the scores of polite questions that was were asked here on ATD instead of burying your head as if they were never asked.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle



Posts : 2586
Join date : 2014-02-15

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chairman’s Update # 15 OR ‘Play It Again, Bob’.   Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:01 am

Argyle Dad wrote:
Meanwhile, other influences within the club further accelerated the crisis by requesting the return of all keys to the lock up used by the AFT, demanding that we obtain official passes before entering the ground and suggesting that we cease producing copy for the match day programme.

Could you outline who these other influences were? It's obviously not Starnes, Brent or Jon Back so who could it be?

Who has form for removing people from producing copy for the match day programme?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 7029
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chairman’s Update # 15 OR ‘Play It Again, Bob’.   Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:40 am

Yea Man wrote:
So Brent doesn't want the trust to hold the club to account?

That should be a massive neon flashing light for anyone with even half a brain cell.

That, sir, is a very good point and it's alarmimgly akin to the club's policy towards publishing accounts: if there is nothing to hide then why continually act like you are as guilty as sin at every turn?

Very clearly there is a huge mistrust of the fans, as represented in this case by AFT, and the club's upper echelons collectively exist inside a bubble of paranoia but then if any of us had the history that some of them do of calumny, back-stabbing, dissembling, bigotry, sociopathy, betrayal, adultery and intimidation then we'd probably exhibit a bunker mentality, too, because it can't be that even the most crazed of their number believes there is a clean collective conscience or that there's nothing to hide.

If you were louse living under an Argyle-shaped stone would you want it lifted?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
PatDunne



Posts : 1802
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 57

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chairman’s Update # 15 OR ‘Play It Again, Bob’.   Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:52 am

It's odd that every PASOTI moderator is pro Brent........
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

avatar

Posts : 6355
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Right in front of you....

PostSubject: Re: AFT Chairman’s Update # 15 OR ‘Play It Again, Bob’.   Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:03 pm

Rather then "Play it again, Bob" - how about "Just tell the fecking truth the first time, Bob"

This policy of lying to your members to protect the fragile egos of those involved at PAFC has backfired disastrously on the AFT. Membership is dropping and confidence in the AFT board is non existent.

Get a grip and start telling the fans and your members about the issues you have had in your dealings with PAFC.

You are the good guys in this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: AFT Chairman’s Update # 15 OR ‘Play It Again, Bob’.   

Back to top Go down
 
AFT Chairman’s Update # 15 OR ‘Play It Again, Bob’.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: