The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Argyle Fans' Trust Open Meeting for all Fans

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Fans' Trust Open Meeting for all Fans   Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:47 am

Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Shame really the AFT are basically decent people now getting torn to shreds on Pasoti/Nooloti, by Brent Toadies, Rancid Harper, Mike Greeping, and their ilk.

This.

I was the other ATDer there.

The poor old AFT gets it from all sides.

From one side there's the Nooligans who are hell bent on undermining it, and any other dissent, at every opportunity and have been for years. We all know the history from Deep Throat onwards, Pasoti taking their defined messageboard down, being all pro-PASB and all the rest. AFT was absolutely pivotal in shaping opinion and putting the club in Brent's hands and if handled properly it could be, and will be again at some stage, a properly powerful and influential body. This obviously cannot be allowed and must not be encouraged. Nothing must be encouraged that might challenge Brent and so the jackboot of oppression gleefully stamps on its face at every opportunity it gets - and then it goes looking for more.

On the other hand there's those who are basically supportive but are dismayed that it doesn't act more radically and for many of them it could never be radical enough.

The problems with the radical approach are obvious. For one thing they'll get a kicking from the Noolies of this world, absolutely guaranteed, and the other is that the club will just pull up the drawbridge, dismiss everything as the ramblings of loonies or some such and with the assured compliance of the Herald, mostly, and Pasoti, less so, opinion is shaped and hard to shift. We've all seen it happen with the recent cut in communication: it was the club that "hung up" not AFT but nearly everybody thinks it was AFT and the truth has been well and truly stood on its head.

And then there is the underlying fundamental question: what is AFT actually for? I don't mean in favour of; I mean what is its core purpose?

Back along it was easy: AFT was for saving the club from extinction; it was anti-admin; it was anti-Ridsdale; it was anti-Guilfoyle. These things were all slam dunks. Really obvious, really popular, really easy to understand, no need for careful explanation with nuance nowhere to be seen.

But what of it now? The club's position is much better - we're top o' the league and 'avin' a laugh etc - and the major channels of communication are firmly in Brent's pocket. It's all (superficially) good. In these circumstances exactly what is the trust for?

And if it can't address that question then the barbs will keep on coming and keep on hitting the target.

Alert the media.  
This will cause a few to doubt what they are seeing...   But in the above instance, I completely agree with SFD!

Anyway onto...

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

What the AFT needs is for people to get actively involved not to wash their hands of it and walk away. If you aren't happy with what it says and does then put your name forward and put it right. I'm sure they'd be delighted to get some new blood, as it were, on the team.

So, in all seriousness...  Why don't you get involved?  You went to the meeting, so you already are 'interested' to some extent.

You're the sort they need...  Media Savvy, loud, and very much the type who likes getting a 'message' out.
Seems like the AGM is going to be on November 19th, day of the Grimsby match. raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
Ballboy1958EGS

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Fans' Trust Open Meeting for all Fans   Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:55 pm

Well, what short memories some people have, back in the far distant past of December 2010 our club was on the brink of going out of the league and a group of supporters got together and set up the AFT.
That group were the soul reason we have a club today !!!
Now don't tell me Mr Brent saved the club on his own, if it was not for the AFT and their persistence fighting on all fronts Mr Brent would not have gotten involved.
He was a reluctant buyer and stated that at the time.
Since its inception the AFT has had many board members come and go for one reason or another, (Usually from the abuse given to them from key board warriors who have nothing better to do then criticise everything any one tries to do on our behalf)
Every one who goes on the Board of the AFT is a true Argyle supporter and the reason they are there and willing to take the flack is to look after the supporters interests and the welfare of our club.
So whilst there is one supporter willing to stand up and look after the welfare of our club and my interest as a supporter they will always have my support.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Fans' Trust Open Meeting for all Fans   Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:58 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Shame really the AFT are basically decent people now getting torn to shreds on Pasoti/Nooloti, by Brent Toadies, Rancid Harper, Mike Greeping, and their ilk.

This.

From one side there's the Nooligans who are hell bent on undermining it, and any other dissent, at every opportunity and have been for years. We all know the history from Deep Throat onwards, Pasoti taking their defined messageboard down, being all pro-PASB and all the rest. AFT was absolutely pivotal in shaping opinion and putting the club in Brent's hands and if handled properly it could be, and will be again at some stage, a properly powerful and influential body. This obviously cannot be allowed and must not be encouraged. Nothing must be encouraged that might challenge Brent and so the jackboot of oppression gleefully stamps on its face at every opportunity it gets - and then it goes looking for more.

On the other hand there's those who are basically supportive but are dismayed that it doesn't act more radically and for many of them it could never be radical enough.

The problems with the radical approach are obvious. For one thing they'll get a kicking from the Noolies of this world, absolutely guaranteed, and the other is that the club will just pull up the drawbridge, dismiss everything as the ramblings of loonies or some such and with the assured compliance of the Herald, mostly, and Pasoti, less so, opinion is shaped and hard to shift. We've all seen it happen with the recent cut in communication: it was the club that "hung up" not AFT but nearly everybody thinks it was AFT and the truth has been well and truly stood on its head.

And then there is the underlying fundamental question: what is AFT actually for? I don't mean in favour of; I mean what is its core purpose?

Back along it was easy: AFT was for saving the club from extinction; it was anti-admin; it was anti-Ridsdale; it was anti-Guilfoyle. These things were all slam dunks. Really obvious, really popular, really easy to understand, no need for careful explanation with nuance nowhere to be seen.

But what of it now? The club's position is much better - we're top o' the league and 'avin' a laugh etc - and the major channels of communication are firmly in Brent's pocket. It's all (superficially) good. In these circumstances exactly what is the trust for?

And if it can't address that question then the barbs will keep on coming and keep on hitting the target.

Alert the media.  
This will cause a few to doubt what they are seeing...   But in the above instance, I completely agree with SFD!

Anyway onto...

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

What the AFT needs is for people to get actively involved not to wash their hands of it and walk away. If you aren't happy with what it says and does then put your name forward and put it right. I'm sure they'd be delighted to get some new blood, as it were, on the team.

So, in all seriousness...  Why don't you get involved?  You went to the meeting, so you already are 'interested' to some extent.

You're the sort they need...  Media Savvy, loud, and very much the type who likes getting a 'message' out.
Seems like the AGM is going to be on November 19th, day of the Grimsby match. raised eyebrow

I cant see owt on their website, last years is though.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Fans' Trust Open Meeting for all Fans   Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:37 pm

Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
Well, what short memories some people have, back in the far distant past of December 2010 our club was on the brink of going out of the league and a group of supporters got together and set up the AFT.
That group were the soul reason we have a club today !!!
Now don't tell me Mr Brent saved the club on his own, if it was not for the AFT and their persistence fighting on all fronts Mr Brent would not have gotten involved.
He was a reluctant buyer and stated that at the time.
Since its inception the AFT has had many board members come and go for one reason or another, (Usually from the abuse given to them from key board warriors who have nothing better to do then criticise everything any one tries to do on our behalf)
Every one who goes on the Board of the AFT is a true Argyle supporter and the reason they are there and willing to take the flack is to look after the supporters interests and the welfare of our club.
So whilst there is one supporter willing to stand up and look after the welfare of our club and my interest as a supporter they will always have my support.

To be fair the only reason we have a club today is because staff and players went without wages.
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Fans' Trust Open Meeting for all Fans   Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:53 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

This.

Alert the media.  

Anyway onto...

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I cant see owt on their website, last years is though.
The date was mentioned at the open meeting Al.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Fans' Trust Open Meeting for all Fans   Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:22 pm

Thanks Beeb, maybe the Trust ought to promote it somewhere ?
Back to top Go down
BBC1

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Fans' Trust Open Meeting for all Fans   Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:56 pm

There were problems with the website I think they said at the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Fans' Trust Open Meeting for all Fans   Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:20 pm

AFT update from the farm question

argyledad

Firstly thank you to all those Argyle fans who have helped make this a constructive rather than destructive thread. I would like to try and answer Quizmike and Jimsing’s questions.

Firstly Jimsing, your comment: “I think it was the other way round, Esmer. The AFT withdrew from the discussions, not the board” is obviously untrue. I have quite clearly stated that James Brent refused permission for his CEO to hold further meetings with me as of 28th April. I have no reason to tell lies. That is a fact.

In response to Quizmike’s questions:

1. I agree with Ian that: “All online polls should be taken with a pinch of salt. Whichever way the votes come out”. The AFT board felt it had a clear mandate from its members to apply for ACV status.

2. The club were given 12 months notice that we would be applying for ACV status. I was told by the CEO that it would be a waste of time and that it would make no difference.

3. While not aware that this was the only case ever of a council having to place an ACV against itself, we were very aware that over 20 other professional clubs from Liverpool and Newcastle through to our neighbours Torquay had successfully applied for this status.

4. It was not the view of the AFT board that ‘the ACV was useless’.

5. Graham Clarke is not a member of the AFT Board. We never anticipated stopping the Club from exercising the option to buy the freehold. Our concern has always been who it might then be sold on to. The ACV gives a degree of protection and advance notice when this happens.

6. Because of what happened the last time the club obtained the freehold.

7. However the Never Again statement, on top of the ACV, would look to the general public, there was never, ever any correlation between the two. The AFTs decision to suspend further dialogue with the club was made before any discussion by ex-chairs and others with the authors of the Never Again statement. I added my name when asked to because, on a personal level, I believe that our club should remain under public ownership.

Again, on a personal note, I look forward to the resumption of discussions between the club and the elected members of the Argyle Fans’ Trust and was pleased that James Brent left the door open at the recent open fans' forum. There are important issues ranging from the safety of our stadium through to next year’s kit choice that our members could be helping with. We are there, not to tell James Brent what to do, but to act a critical friends should the club so wish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Fans' Trust Open Meeting for all Fans   

Back to top Go down

Argyle Fans' Trust Open Meeting for all Fans
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Argyle Fans' Trust-
Jump to: